Looking for a build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Folks,

I am in Texas for my new assignment. I am think of build a rocket to send home (East Coast) to be built by my wife and others. What do you recommend?

I'd build a 4" upscale Estes OMEGA (K-52P/1200) using the MDRM's nosecone, then upgrade to the Cineroc when the 4" version comes available... but that's just me. Other projects, 4" upscales of the Citation Patriot and Goblin (using the same nosecone).

Folks,

I am in Texas for my new assignment. I am think of build a rocket to send home (East Coast) to be built by my wife and others. What do you recommend?

I don't quite understand what your saying, Chuck. You want one to build and send home then what's left for your wife and others to build?

I am sorry folks. I am planning a Black Friday purchase or build for my wife and possible others to fly. Any ideas? I may build an Estes Nike Smoke. I may also build a Mac Performance.

I am sorry folks. I am planning a Black Friday purchase or build for my wife and possible others to fly. Any ideas? I may build an Estes Nike Smoke. I may also build a Mac Performance.
So I take it you have the keys to the shed with you. Don't forget I saw all the boxes you had shipped home from various vendors when you were overseas. There's more fiberglas in that shed than any marina in Florida at one time! Go for the Mac!

True point. I do have several kits with me. I have two estes nike smokes, a mac performance 3FNC.

True point. I do have several kits with me. I have two estes nike smokes, a mac performance 3FNC.
Seriously, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and know there are those of us who appreciate your separation from your loved ones this season while in service of your country. It takes a strong woman and understanding children to make it work. I know, i lived that life for 18 years growing up with the military moving us (or just my Dad. more often) all over the world. Kudos and much respect, Chuck. Carry on.

MAC kits build easy and don't require fancy epoxies. They drill clean, take paint well, and hold up very well. And they come complete with the AV bay and hardware. Plus, you can get all the extras on Mike's site (retainer, chutes, protectors, rail buttons, etc.) and save on shipping.

Build the PSII Smoke. Looks great and excellent performance on inexpensive 40-120 loads. The plastic, beveled fins really give the rocket a sweet look and are very strong with the interlocking centering ring.

[video=youtube;_cFdBx532bo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cFdBx532bo[/video]

First World Problems.

Meanwhile, those of us in the second world try to hide our builds from our spouses.

Back