Looking for a build thread to reference

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

mpitfield

Staff member
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
There is nothing unique about it's AV bay or requirements, so any 54mm AV bay config would work as a reference. There used to be a "show us your av bay" or something like that thread, which had a lot of good av bay layouts, if you or someone can find it. Bottom line, with a 7"x54mm coupler you have enough room to do a lot. Do you have your electronics? If not then maybe have a look at Missile works site, they have some pre-fab sled, altimeter, battery, switch packages.

I recently used a 38mm sled with the RRC2, the screw switch mounting option and their Li-Ion option with the sparkfun Lion 400mAh batteries, for a 38mm MD; it was a no brainer!

CPUTommy

Thrust cures All
Reaction score
There is nothing unique about it's AV bay or requirements, so any 54mm AV bay config would work as a reference. There used to be a "show us your av bay" or something like that thread, which had a lot of good av bay layouts, if you or someone can find it. Bottom line, with a 7"x54mm coupler you have enough room to do a lot. Do you have your electronics? If not then maybe have a look at Missile works site, they have some pre-fab sled, altimeter, battery, switch packages.

I recently used a 38mm sled with the RRC2, the screw switch mounting option and their Li-Ion option with the sparkfun Lion 400mAh batteries, for a 38mm MD; it was a no brainer!
I made a call to Mac Performance and he sent me a complete AV bay with an RRC3, along with all the other incidentals, like, Kevlar, Eye bolts, etc. all the little stuff that I wouldn't have thought about. Thank god for him, He has saved me LOTS of time!!! The package is currently at my doorstep and I cant wait to go home and start laying it out. I have a few goodies from work that should help me. I'm sure there will be questions I have yet to think about..

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
I made a call to Mac Performance and he sent me a complete AV bay with an RRC3, along with all the other incidentals, like, Kevlar, Eye bolts, etc. all the little stuff that I wouldn't have thought about. Thank god for him, He has saved me LOTS of time!!! The package is currently at my doorstep and I cant wait to go home and start laying it out. I have a few goodies from work that should help me. I'm sure there will be questions I have yet to think about..
The way my last kit from Mike was sent, I spent a good five minutes trying to figure out how to just dip it in glue and call it a day.

CPUTommy

Thrust cures All
Reaction score
i obviously need some Ematches.. Any brand/supplier suggestions? Id like to order them sooner than later to ground test sometime this week. Thanks !!

Latest posts