Looking for 8-32 eyenuts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatD

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, looking for 8-32 eyenuts as the title says. Did a search here and of online vendors and didn't find any. I can go a different way, but would rather use these if they are available. Thanks!

You can get 3mm eye nuts on Amazon. The hole is small enough so you could drill and tap them for 8-32...very simple.

Last edited:
8-32 eyebolts exist but I have not seen eyenuts. I have searched in the past and I would some some 8-32 ones. I've debated making some as it is not too complex to do with a mill and a lathe but it would be time consuming.

One other option, buy the 8-32 eye bolt, cut off the bolt drill and tap to 8-32
I searched and couldn't find an #8-32 eye bolt with a shoulder. I could only find the bent eyes (#8 wire bent into a circle) for that small of a thread. If you drill and tap a bent eye to #8-32 there will be no material left. You could start with a 1/4" eye bolt with a shoulder. Then you end up with an extra-heavy duty wire eye nut with a small thread.

I got these as part of an e-bay kit from Mach1 Rocketry, not exactly what you're looking for, but close

Attachments

• PXL_20230328_164842156.jpg
    PXL_20230328_164842156.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I searched and couldn't find an #8-32 eye bolt with a shoulder. I could only find the bent eyes (#8 wire bent into a circle) for that small of a thread. If you drill and tap a bent eye to #8-32 there will be no material left. You could start with a 1/4" eye bolt with a shoulder. Then you end up with an extra-heavy duty wire eye nut with a small thread.
My mistake, assumed there were some with a shoulder, Sorry . The metric option drilled and tapped or make your own from rod or even key stock

8-32 eyebolts exist but I have not seen eyenuts. I have searched in the past and I would some some 8-32 ones. I've debated making some as it is not too complex to do with a mill and a lathe but it would be time consuming.
A six pack and 3 feet of Alaly rod made mine. Took him about 20 mins on the side to fab. 8/32 drilled with a chamfered top and hole big enuff for a small quick link or kevlar. Made me 3 10/24's while he was at it. Sorry no pics, on the road.

Thanks guys. I was looking for the 8-32 eyenuts because I already had the rod. I went with 4mm rod and eyenuts because they are easily located.

Back