London Model Engineering Show

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike 8-{>

Reaction score
For the 3rd year I will be attending the London Model Engineering Show, 21st to 23rd January 2005, with the UKRA Exhibition Stand. The folks from m.a.r.s. will also be there. If you are interested in rocketry and would like to find out more about it then this is a great opportunity to come along and visit us.

The show has some wonderful exhibits from many other model engineering disciplines and also a large number of trade stands selling all manner of tools, materials and things of interest to engineers and rocket builders.

This year the show has moved from Wembley to the Great Hall at Alexandra Palace.

Opening times are :-
Fri & Sat: 10.30am - 6.00pm
Sun: 10.30am - 5.00pm
Code:
Admission---------Advance----On the Door
Adults------------£7.50------£8.50
Senior Citizens---£6.50------£7.50
Children----------£4.00------£5.00
For directions please have a look here Alexandra Palace

Come and say hello :0)

Mike 8-{>

Mike,

Take some pics so we on this side of the pond can see!:D

Might be able to pop along to this. Not sure. Alexandra Palace...don't they have concerts there too?

Originally posted by Mike
Might be able to pop along to this. Not sure. Alexandra Palace...don't they have concerts there too?

Not sure. Dont think so. It's more of an exhibition space. There is an Ice rink though and it has a large TV transmitter mast on one corner if that helps any ;0)

Mike 8-{>

Originally posted by North Star
Welcome to TRF Mike ...

Have you been lurking all these years?

:p

*grin* I'm a newby here I was wondering where everyone on utr had gone so I thought I'd come and have a look. ;0)

Cheers Mike 8-{>

Originally posted by Mike 8-{>
*grin* I'm a newby here I was wondering where everyone on utr had gone so I thought I'd come and have a look. ;0)

Cheers Mike 8-{>

There's loads of us from the 'Sceptered Isle' here. It's a much nicer place than the usenet (for a start you don't get all those 'Matt whosits murdered my gerbil' type of posts) :eek:

I'm sure you'll find plenty of interest, and thanks for all the work you're putting in at the exhibition.

Originally posted by North Star
It's a much nicer place than the usenet
... and you don't have to decypher PJAlchamist's posts ;)

Bonno_Esstente Mike!

:D

He he I guess although utr isnt that bad . I still like to use it.

Thanks for the Kind words too Brian. Appreciated.

Cheers Mike 8-{>

Yep welcome to TRF Mike....this could get confusing! :D

Originally posted by sandman
Mike,

Take some pics so we on this side of the pond can see!:D

The show went a treat and we had loads of visitors. We were helped by BBC London News putting some shots of the stand being set up on Thursday nights Evening news :0) We were rushed off our feet on all three days. The pictures dont show how busy were as we were too busy to take any !. We had to take the pics before the show opened or when it was close to closing at the end of the day ;0). A number can be seen here :- https://www.mikerobe.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=22

Hope they are of interest :0)

A big thank you to all the folks who lent kit for the show. We couldnt have done it without them. Thanks go to Cath Bashford, Sal Davis, Marcus Lauder, Gary Sinclair, Bob Arnott, Roy Trezciak-Hicks, Richard Osborne and UKRA. Also thanks to Cath Bashford, Sal Davis, Marcus Lauder, Stephen Woolhead, Mike Castle and Richard Osborne for their help manning the stand during the show. Also to Gary Sinclair, Steve Randall and Ady Waters for their brief stints when they dropped by to say hello. It was greatlly appreciated. Apologies to anyone I have missed ;0) Thanks finally to Marcus for taking some of the pics and letting me use his camera after I left mine at home on Friday morning!

Cheers Mike 8-{>

Alexandra Palace is a fine old building :0) I think its victorian. theres a huge organ at one end and a magnificent rose stained glass window at the other. Sadly didnt get any pics of the window.

Cheers Mike 8-{>

Mike,

Thanks for posting the pics.

Looks like a beautiful display.

Wish I had been there!

Looks good! I couldn't make it to the show this year, though I did see it last year.

Phil

Back