Loki Research Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use aeropack retainers on my rockets with loki cases just fine. The only issues I’ve had was with a tailcone retainer, and that was because I didn’t install it to account for the difference in cases.

Normal screw on retainers don’t need anything special done while installing

I can confirm that the new Loki cases work fine with the Aeropack Tailcones. The old ones didn't but you could make them work by adding a thin ring of masking tape.

Tom,
I see you're in Maryland..
I attend MDRA Launches from time to time..
Usually the Red Glare launches at Higgs Farm..
If I'm there and you're inclined to try a Loki load just come tell me..
I'm certain I can lend you a case to try a load..

Teddy

Tom,
I see you're in Maryland..
I attend MDRA Launches from time to time..
Usually the Red Glare launches at Higgs Farm..
If I'm there and you're inclined to try a Loki load just come tell me..
I'm certain I can lend you a case to try a load..

Teddy
Watch out, that's how he gets you hooked! :)

I think most people agree that Loki motors pack a little more punch than AT and CTI. And with the lack of HAZMAT on their H and many I motors, you can save enough to buy the hardware. ;)

That is a very broad statement. Loki makes some kick ass motors, but so do others. This is why most folks have a variety of manufacturers represented in their motor collections.

Yeah Teddy is definitely an enabler. Before you know it you will have all the 38 and 54mm hardware, even multiples of cases, all the nozzles and a dozen reloads in stock.

I don't know what you're talkin about..
And you don't anywhere near a dozen loads in stock..
But you could if you wanted too,, lol..

Teddy

Wow, you guys have been busy since I've been offline! Thanks Ted for the invitation. While you are right, I am in Maryland, I'm a little west of the bay (I'm in Frederick). I've never been to the Higgs Farm but I know of it. I'll have to look for their launch schedule.

I post it here about a week before each launch. We're at the sod farm until November, smaller, but still fun for low altitude launches.

Back