• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Loki Research 38mm 240Ns complete EX motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJmiller1

Reaction score
Loki "38mm 240 Ns motor with plugged bulkhead and #16 nozzle. For experimental (EX) use." <---Right from the website.

Good condition, only a handful of good flights. This is from the Blue anodized era. Some chipping of anodizing on the outside of the bulkhead from saucer flights. :) Ready to load and fly.

Will ship within 24 hours of receipt of payment.

$47 shipped USPS Priority

I accept paypal at [email protected]

JJ

Last edited:
I know it says there are no commercial loads certified for that hardware, but CAN you fly commercial Loki reloads with this motor at a research launch? I don't know the difference between their EX and commercial hardware. May be interested.

I know it says there are no commercial loads certified for that hardware, but CAN you fly commercial Loki reloads with this motor at a research launch? I don't know the difference between their EX and commercial hardware. May be interested.

Yes, but you wouldn't have an ejection charge then. Not sure if that matters to you or not?

Good question. I don't know. Scott at Loki could tell you if it'd work. The commercial case uses the same nozzle. I suspect the only difference is the bulkhead.Then it'd be up to your prefect, RSO etc.

Last edited:
Yes, but you wouldn't have an ejection charge then. Not sure if that matters to you or not?

Not one bit. I am getting more and more into electronic deployment, so I'm not concerned with the ejection charge. Hmmmm.

FWIW
I contacted Scott at Loki and he says as much as you guys. Loki loads will work fine, just no ejection charge.
Also hit up my prefect just to see if it would be considered research at our launches. No reply on that, but I would expect him to say no.
So no issues..so now we wait :)

FWIW
I contacted Scott at Loki and he says as much as you guys. Loki loads will work fine, just no ejection charge.
Also hit up my prefect just to see if it would be considered research at our launches. No reply on that, but I would expect him to say no.
So no issues..so now we wait :)

Good, I'll have tons of loads for it in February at the launch...come get some.

Good, I'll have tons of loads for it in February at the launch...come get some.

Sure will, I'll have a shopping list with me. I'll send Wastelander up on the red or cocktail.
I may be ready for my level 2 by then. I have the hardware, and pretty sure the rocket is under the tree. :) So maybe something in AT 54/852 or 1280.
Maybe we can discuss research motors over a cold one.

Back