Loki Research 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott, with you posting the thrustcurves I will get the motors into Thrustcurve and create the motor files for you. I should have them done by the weekend.

Scott, with you posting the thrustcurves I will get the motors into Thrustcurve and create the motor files for you. I should have them done by the weekend.

If they could be integrated with Open Rocket that would be nice. I have tried to add new motors to OP with no luck I have read tutorials and followed every instruction to the letter and I cant get them to load no matter what I have tried.

Someone with a higher pay grade than me maybe could figure it out because I just don't get how to do it!

TA

Any hope you will try to get into California?

I'm under the impression this would have to be done every year , or am a wrong? You Cali boys would have to buy a lot of motors every year to make it worth it. I for one would love for you to have the opportunity to fly Loki.

TA

I'm under the impression this would have to be done every year , or am a wrong? You Cali boys would have to buy a lot of motors every year to make it worth it. I for one would love for you to have the opportunity to fly Loki.

The fee is currently $1500 annually plus a one-time per motor fee of $50. Flyers in the state of CA owe a MASSIVE debt to Scott Bartel from blacksky (little b) neé Delta V Rocketry, for getting them lowered as much as he did back in the early 90s.

Now let's all figure out a way to get them reduced to zero! (And we want O motors too!)

The fee is currently $1500 annually plus a one-time per motor fee of $50. Flyers in the state of CA owe a MASSIVE debt to Scott Bartel from blacksky (little b) neé Delta V Rocketry, for getting them lowered as much as he did back in the early 90s.

Now let's all figure out a way to get them reduced to zero! (And we want O motors too!)

For that matter, what about N motors?

A 38mm K is awesome. Think you could manage a 98mm O?

If they could be integrated with Open Rocket that would be nice. I have tried to add new motors to OP with no luck I have read tutorials and followed every instruction to the letter and I cant get them to load no matter what I have tried.

Someone with a higher pay grade than me maybe could figure it out because I just don't get how to do it!

TA

I am not the guy for that- I use Rocksim and Rasaero. Talk to the programmer of OR

Add thrust curves in OR by clicking on menu - click Edit, then Preferences, then choose the Options tab. In the middle of the dialog box is a button that says, "Add." Click that and navigate to wherever you stashed the motor file. I prefer ".eng" files. Select the file and click the "Add" button. Close OR, close all open windows, and restart it. You should see the new motor in the usual spot.

On to Loki fan-boy topics.... I am intrigued by the no-hazmat 38mm motor options. What H motor is everyone's favorite here?

I am not the guy for that- I use Rocksim and Rasaero. Talk to the programmer of OR

Sorry I didn't really mean you it was a blanket plea.

Add thrust curves in OR by clicking on menu - click Edit, then Preferences, then choose the Options tab. In the middle of the dialog box is a button that says, "Add." Click that and navigate to wherever you stashed the motor file. I prefer ".eng" files. Select the file and click the "Add" button. Close OR, close all open windows, and restart it. You should see the new motor in the usual spot.

On to Loki fan-boy topics.... I am intrigued by the no-hazmat 38mm motor options. What H motor is everyone's favorite here?

Yup tried that an million times no worky. I like them all, but if I had to pick one it would be the H144.

That much, I see why he hasn't done it yet its a tall order. Its a shame that Cali has priced some small businesses out of the market, in the largest market in the country. His sales to Cali would have to exceed the fee and the costs of overhead to supply, plus put some coin in his pocket. Not sure his share of the market could sustain this. I for one will do what I can to keep the motors flowing.

TA

You can't have the nice weather, nice wine, cuties in bikinis as well as Loki!

Yeah, I guess wearing t-shirts and shorts 2 days before Christmas has to do.

I knew our overlords were greedy but didn't imagine 1500.00 a year.

Another vote for the H-144 - great motor. I've found it's slightly harder to ignite than some other whites, but not a big deal. As long as you use good starters and proper setup, you'll be fine.

s6

I have been using Twiggys to get my 144's going and they start right up. The 144 is awesome sauce for sure.

The H144 is great, but with the right rocket, the H90 Red is a real treat. 2.7s of flaming red goodness.

aaaaand just pulled the trigger on 38/1200 hardware.... Bring on the baby Karrots!

Got the 38/1200 in the mail today. Awesome... :) Stood the 120 next to it for a couple shots...

16214786812_d9681be8d8_c.jpg

16029474759_959c89b2ac_c.jpg

16028223640_4a85678a4e_c.jpg

So cool David. I don't need one, and currently have no use for one but I want one non the less.

So cool David. I don't need one, and currently have no use for one but I want one non the less.

I had no use for one. So I'm building three rockets this fall/winter for it. :) (vulcanite, 2.6" Darkstar, 2.6" screech)

Does Scott have a forward closure that will screw into the Aeropack minimum diameter bulkhead motor retainer?

I imagine the plugged forward closure could work.... being a snap ring case....I'd worry about getting it out. I have no experience with it though. In theory, you could remove the nozzle after flight, and use a long screw driver to remove the bulkhead from the aeropack if you slotted it somehow.

Back