Loki H144 assembly video

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Video. Just one note, you should not store the graphite nozzle in the motor tube. The graphite can react with the aluminum and over time the nozzle can become stuck in the case.

Last edited:
After watching how easy it was for you to slide the delay grain with the o-rings into the forward closure, I don't think that my forward closure was machined to the correct specs. The well in mine has to be too small.

I quit using loki because I was having so much trouble with the forward closure assembly.

Something must be wrong with yours. You may see if you can send it in for a replacement. I think the Loki motors are very easy to assemble. I had some trouble getting the grains in the liner. Most slide in easily....it’s been brutally humid in Oklahoma so I think that’s what did it.

If you're using the tapped forward closure, it can be harder to insert the delay grain. It takes some time to release the pressure.

There is a trick to installing a delay grain in a plugged/tapped closure. Stick a wire in the delay cavity, then push the delay element assembly in. the wire will allow the trapped air to escape in the gaps between the wall, o-ring, and the wire.

If you're using the tapped forward closure, it can be harder to insert the delay grain. It takes some time to release the pressure.
Slip a piece of mono filament fishing line down the side when you put the delay in. That will create a big enough gap to allow the air out. Pull it out when the delay is seated.

The first Loki I flew was my L1 cert with DD and no motor ejection. That was the tip I was given. Worked great!

Back