LOCPRECISION 7.5" PHOENIX BUILD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Aardvark

Reaction score
Has anyone assembled this kit from LOC? This kit far surpasses my talent at building a rocket of this size. I intend to build it just for show. I'm going to donate it to the local high school JRNROTC (Junior Naval) program. They have a couple artillery shells and rifles and such as decoration in there and I thought this would be awesome. A scale model Phoenix missile. I'm not building it to flying standards, just looking pretty standard. However, it would be nice to build it flight worthy, but I need guidance for that.

Has anyone built one of these and documented the process for sharing?

Thanks!

I haven't done the 7.5" but I have done the 5.5" Just pretend it's a giant Estes kit with epoxy lol. If you're just building it for show, realistically you don't need all the extra fillets and crap that are required for a flying model, just some external fillets to hide the seams since it's just for show. Hell you could build the entire thing with BSI 15 minute epoxy. Note the silver band just under the nose. I used trim monokote (just sticky vinyl) for that part. Ask Jason @ LOC to see if he can do a bare bones kit without the hardware for flight and it might be a bit cheaper, definitely a bit lighter.IMG_0270.JPG

Last edited:
Great suggestions. Thanks for the reply. Is that the actual size of the rocket? Damn. My need to dial back my ambitions a bit.

As I'm wrapping up my Estes clone at 2.6" Dia, I gotta admit that building it with a 7" BT is a bit intriguing! I hope you post pics!

Back