LOC - Warlock (PK-80) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

chefmarkt69

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my Loc Warlock that I just Flew to get my L2, it is a great kit to build! warlockjuly212012_20120723_1391823146.jpgWarlockjuly212012_20120723_1214034922.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill2654

Reaction score
What motor did you fly? How much was take off weight and what was the altitude. Reason I ask is I'm going for my level 2 with a similar rocket.

chefmarkt69

Reaction score
I flew it on a CTI j330 and the talke off weight was 7 lbs and I set the dely at 7 sec. It was a perfect flight, it took a while to come down but it went up around 1,200 FT.

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the LOC Warlock (PK-80) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the LOC Warlock (PK-80) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

LOC: Warlock: PK-80

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:

JAL3

Reaction score
LOC Warlock (PK-80) Basic Information.

LOC/Precision (LOC)

MODEL NAME: Warlock Also known as:

NUMBER: PK-80

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 52"
Diameter: 7.765"
Span:
Weight: 100 oz

Mfg. Description: One of the ISP PERFORMANCE SERIES of kits, which feature factory pre-slotted airframe and through-the-wall fin construction and high power motor capabilities, the WARLOCK is the perfect short fat kit to make your Level 1 and Level 2 certification flight with on a small field. Now with LOC-N-FIN technology for easy building, the WARLOCK is a light weight large diameter kit with presence. This rocket should be in every collection! Parachute Recovery.

All LOC/PRECISION "PK-XX" kits include heavy duty airframe and motor mount tubes, high-grade precision-cut plywood fins, centering rings, rip-stop nylon parachute or streamer, nylon elastic shock cord and mount, launch lug, polypropolene nose cones and instructions. (LOC 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

2010 Catalog
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:

fox_racing_guy

Reaction score
This is mine, built totally stock with wood glue only (Titebond II) and I have only flown it on J350 M's. It has 11 flights so far and it makes a easy L2 rocket.

Jiffycoil

Reaction score
I really like this rocket. Your build is wonderful and the flight looks killer.

neond7

Sky Pirate
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I completed my Warlock with a "Zombie Apocalypse" theme. It was a fun build, I love working on the 7.5" airframes.

I built this one heavy with a 2x wrap of 6 oz fiberglass on the body tube and then one layer 6 oz glass and one layer 3 oz on the fins. The main parachute was upgraded to a 44" Sky Angle.

So far it has had 2 successful flights, first on an I327DM and then on an I284W. It tended to fly slightly with the wind (it was a windy day), so I may add a few ounces of nose weight.

War 1.jpg

War 2.jpg

neond7

Sky Pirate
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So did you ever recover the one that "flew away" recently??

fox_racing_guy

Reaction score
Warlock #3 drag racing a Big Nuke, warlock was on a J420.

It now resides 50' up in the tree's in the background, just finished my 4th Warlock build this morning and think I'll use a I motor for the maiden voyage.
My 4" warlock on a G64, it was a nice stable flight.

Recovering

JoeG

Reaction score
It now resides 50' up in the tree's in the background, just finished my 4th Warlock build this morning and think I'll use a I motor for the maiden voyage.
Mark,

I have some of the airplane guys, friends of mine, contemplating the rocket in the trees. I would not be surprised if they didn't bring it in to me at the store soon. I told them they wouldn't be able to reach it. (Reverse psychology) ;)

fox_racing_guy

Reaction score
Right on Joe, if nothing else I would love to have that motor case back.