LOC Warlock 54mm - Motor/Fin Can FWD bulkhead position?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSW

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All.

Putting together a LOC Warlock.

The instructions say to put the centering rings at the ends of the motor tube,... with the fin vertical root edge being glued only on the AFT edge of the fin. See picture.

1665428330857.png

If I pushed the FWD centering ring AFT so that it can be glued at the vertical front edge of the fin root, wouldn't that be stronger? (Both the front and back vertical fin root would be glued to a centering ring.)

I guess CG would move backward a bit.

Any other drawback to doing this?

Thanks!

Hi All.

Putting together a LOC Warlock.

The instructions say to put the centering rings at the ends of the motor tube,... with the fin vertical root edge being glued only on the AFT edge of the fin. See picture.

View attachment 541174

If I pushed the FWD centering ring AFT so that it can be glued at the vertical front edge of the fin root, wouldn't that be stronger? (Both the front and back vertical fin root would be glued to a centering ring.)

I guess CG would move backward a bit.

Any other drawback to doing this?

Thanks!
I followed how the instructions said to for mine
Doing internal fillets and having the aft ring epoxied against the fins I believe will be plenty strong .

I see your thought there though one would think it would be stronger the way your saying but I vote stay with the direction on this one Loc has it down pretty well

The further apart that the rings are, the more exact and true, that your thrust angle will be.

Use 30 min Epoxy and it'll be plenty tough. I'd order a 3rd ring if you really really wanted a tank.

Latest posts

Back