LOC-VII anyone got one?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't see an issue with sharing measurements for two reasons. One, LOC posts the Rocksim file for the LOC VII on their website, so anyone can retrieve the measurements from that if they wanted to. We also regularly and openly share sim files, which have the dimensions embedded. Two, the goal was to scale the fins to a size that LOC doesn't currently make (essentially a LOC-V), and while I'm sure LOC would custom make those fins if you ask them to, I don't know that they would object to allowing someone else to custom make scaled versions of their fins. If the goal here was to create a commercial enterprise around the 5 inch version, I would agree.

Precisely . . .

I have no commercial intentions, whatsoever.

Frankly, I hope that LOC will produce a "LOC V" kit, eventually . . . It would be right in the "sweet spot", motor wise !

Dave F.

Give them a call. They might be able to conger up something....

In my experience, they will custom make almost anything. They will scale existing kits if you like, and have done so for years. If anyone wants a LOC IV scaled for 5.5” diameter, I’m sure they will do it and proabaly already have done it for someone else.

Excellent, Jason !

One suggestion . . . Since it's a build thread, please upload large images ! It's difficult to see any detail in smal pics.

Thanks,

Dave F.

Dave - absolutely. I had thought I was uploading large images, but my photos output was set to medium. I uploaded the large versions just now in the LOC VII build thread (still need to go through the LOC Hawk thread and make corrections). Thanks for catching that - would you mind checking the LOC VII build thread to verify you can see the large images?

Jason,

It would be my pleasure, sir . . . Looking now !

Unfortunately, they are all small. You may need to re-upload them.

Dave F.

Dave, thanks for checking. I set it up to show the thumbnails, but if you click on the image, it should bring up a much larger version. The post is just easier to read with the thumbnails instead of the full sized pictures.

Dave, thanks for checking. I set it up to show the thumbnails, but if you click on the image, it should bring up a much larger version. The post is just easier to read with the thumbnails instead of the full sized pictures.

Jason,

NOW, they are enlarging. Before, they were the same size when clicking on them.

Dave F.

Back