Loc V-2 7.6 ''

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregtro

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for some info on this rocket,
Actual length, cp location,
and any flight info anyone might have.........
motors used, altitude, etc.
Thanks

Greg

I have the 5.5" version, pretty nice, though lots of noseweight

The real V2 needed at least 2000 pounds of nose weight !

the warhead of course.

Hi greg,
give Loc an email or call , I'm sure they could provide you with
the info you seek. thats got to be one awesome rocket!

If I were you (as in, if I had the kind of cash that an adult has :D), I would go with the Polecat Aerospace kit. Its basically the same thing, but it has a nicer fiberglass nose cone, and proabably a glass tailcone as well as a pre-glassed airframe, and a selection of motor mounts, IIRC.

Whichever one you go with, I want pics! :D Both are very impressive, I must say...

To stymye,
I tried Loc the don't respond to my e-mails.
And it is stretched 15'' so I don't know if they would be able to help.
I've got to try the Barrowman thing again today, I must be doing it wrong because I get cp 11'' from the tip of the rocket.
That's a lot of nose weight !!!

To Neil,
I bought this guy at last weekend's launch.
I couldn't pass it up!!
It has not been flown and I couldn't get any info from the seller.
Oh well, I'll figure something out.

Thanks Guys

Originally posted by gregtro
To stymye,
I tried Loc the don't respond to my e-mails.
And it is stretched 15'' so I don't know if they would be able to help.
I've got to try the Barrowman thing again today, I must be doing it wrong because I get cp 11'' from the tip of the rocket.
That's a lot of nose weight !!!

To Neil,
I bought this guy at last weekend's launch.
I couldn't pass it up!!
It has not been flown and I couldn't get any info from the seller.
Oh well, I'll figure something out.

Thanks Guys

They have a new e-mail - [email protected]
Also, you can give him a call :) (440) 546-0413

I woul suggest putting a 3" mount in it, might need more noseweight, but the V2 nees the proper power

Hi,

I have one of these V2's which has around 2 1/2lb's of nose weight (lead shot and epoxy mix). I have flown it to around 3,500 feet on an Aerotech 54 mm 'J' engine. Looks are much improved if you add the tail fairings and some detailing per the real thing.
It is a beautiful rocket.

John

That sounds great John.
Do you happen to know the cp. of the rocket ?
Thank You

Greg

Steven Boy from CMASS has one of those LOC V2's. Nice rocket. Flies great on J415's.

V2j415.jpg

I don't want to seem thick, but why do you want the CP? As long as you have the right noseweight logic dictates it will fly fine. Making the tube 15" longer won't harm the stability. I will weigh my nosecone to get an exact weight if you want, let me know.

Watch out for the fixing of the shock cord to the nose, it needs beefing up.

John

ps. I told people I swing tested mine!

Hi John,
As I bought this thing already built and was unable to quiz the builder I guess i'm just trying to determine how to fly this thing safely.

I would like to know the weight of your nosecone and would apreciate any ideas on the shock cord to nose attachment also.
I was thinking eyebolt with nut and washer?

Thanks Again !

Greg

Steve Boy of cmass AND Pinetree, posing with the same V2 before its annual (from what I can tell. The last two years it has flown on Ms, IIRC) M powered flight :D This pic shows the rocket a little better...

Heres the pic.

I will get the scales out tomorrow night, it's 9.30pm in the UK and I was up at 4.30am this morning.........i'm off to bed!

As you say, a large eyebolt is the best. For shock cord the kit came with heavy duty bungee, but nowadays there are other alternatives such as Kevlar webbing. I use the former backed up with heavy duty Kevlar shock cord 1 1/2 times the length of bungee to stop it from overstetching and breaking. The 6' parachute supplied with the kit is brilliant, does the job and looks great (and my kids love playing with it in the garden*)

Will give you the weight tomorrow,

John

*actually it's me, and the neighbours are seriously concerned.

Originally posted by Neil
Steve Boy of cmass AND Pinetree, posing with the same V2 before its annual (from what I can tell. The last two years it has flown on Ms, IIRC) M powered flight :D This pic shows the rocket a little better...

Heres the pic.

FYI, those are two different V2s, the second one is Carbon and reincforced for Ms, at leas that is what I remember steve telling me

the way I attatched my shockcord to my V2 was to run a peice of 9/16" tubular nylon down the nose and into the epoxy/BB mixture. Then I foamed my nosecone. It works very well

Greg,

as promised I have got out the scales, nose cone alone weighs 3lbs 14ozs........not including that strong shock cord bolt. So four pounds all included will be fine.

Let me know if I can help with anything else. I will do my best.

John

You will need to use the amount of nose weight equal to the motor weight. Full J about 2 lbs. 1500 n/s K about 3 lbs, etc

Over chute it or the fins will break on langing. The fillets will also crack no matter what you do because epoxy wont stick to that plastic cone.

Ditto for the nose weight. Foam the cone so it wont shift.

The large center eyebolt has been discussed.

If using a fast motor with nose weight, nake sure the cone is tight or pin it.

Rig up some sort of motor retension, especially if the cone will be tight.

Use alot of tube nylon.

Use a long 1/2" launch rod ir rail.

Have Fun!!!!

......Bill

Originally posted by gerbs4me
smokin rockets-thats one awesome paint scheme

Thanks deinitely different. I used ford interior paint (I worked in a Ford parts dept) . It has anozzle that sprays a verticle narrow pattern. Like this...

l
l
l
l
l

I sprayed the rocket one color, then used two different color greens and held the can sideways.

......Bill

Back