Loc Precision

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maelstrom

Reaction score
I would like to know what everyone's interest is in Loc Precision.

Please list up to 5 Loc Precision rockets you have the most interest in.

my #1 is the Aura(because i own it)
my #2 is the magnum(because i've seen it on a J, and it was sick)
my #3 would be the viper
my #4 would be the legacy
and keeping with the 29mm theme, i have to give the weasel a plug.

I certed L1 on the Ezi-65
I really like the viper- 3, fly it alot
I also have the graduater , very sturdy rocket

LOC Caliber ISP L1 and L2
LOC Expeditor My Hybrid rocket
LOC Onyx Great little rocket

I just got a EZI-65, but have not started building it.......

#1 Magnum
#2 Super Glotova (Prototype for possible LOC kit)
#3 I-ROC

I also have (or had) the Lil' NUke, Vulcanite, Starburst, Minnie Magg, EZI-65, Graduator, Onyx, and Ultimate. Also my MEGABLAST was built from LOC parts (with an NCR nosecone).

I love LOC Kits

1) Magnum: I certified with this kit and an AeroTech I140 motor
(Back then there were no 'Levels', once you successfully flew
an H or larger motor, you were cleared to fly any size motor
you wanted).

2) Viper III: From D12s to G55s this was a great rocket to cluster.

3) Laser-Loc 3.1: Limited edition kit. Ron Schultz did some
beautiful woodwork back then.

another vote for Caliber ISP, followed by both Tristar and Cyclotron. Cyclotron OOP, RIP, etc. but easy to clone. in 3rd place is Starfighter 152.

Originally posted by Maelstrom
I would like to know what everyone's interest is in Loc Precision.

Please list up to 5 Loc Precision rockets you have the most interest in.

My interest in them is in the straight foward, industrial strength design (as opposed to AT's high tech engineering design). Different approaches, neither necessarily better.

I have a Weasel and a Vulcanite. I like them both a lot.

I like the Caliber, Norad and HyperLOC designs.

I have the following:

Norad - upgraded to Pro Max spec - certed L1 on a pro38 H110
Li'l Nuke - fly very well on F20 Econos
Nuke Pro Max near clone but made hybrid capable

Plus other scratch builds using LOC parts. I like them as they are high quality and can take a real hammering - use the recommended motors as a starting point and then use much bigger motors. The standard Norad recommends a G as the maximum - I have never flown it on less than a G64 - Current max is an I220 and it will be going bigger.

Current project 4" upscale of the Norad with a 54mm mount. Hammer time on a K240 :kill:

I don't have any LOC kits yet, but I'm interested in the:

- Norad Pro Maxx
- Cyclotron
- Stovi
- Expediter
- Minnie Magg

Minnie Magg - got my level 1 on this
Warlock - got my level 2 on this
Stovi - looks good and flies well (mines painted like a pseudo Saturn)
Graduator - first real mid power kit I got
Onyx - better than a Big Daddy (lost this by bodging an 'improvement')

They are easy to build, fly well and last well. Minor mods help (like converting to TTW fins and glassing the tubes if you want to make them really tough). the Minnie and Warlock are good visually, plenty of fuselage for paint design and easy to follow in flight with more spectacle due to the slower speeds - especially if you fly on those lovely White Lightning motors (that we can't get any more over here :( )

I've built, but not flown due to AP drought, a Lil' Nuke. I REALLY enjoyed the build. It may be a 3FNC rocket, but its fun to use the more meaty LOC componants and epoxy (instead of yellow glue) to build with. Its also more fun to finish/paint 'cos you can be more heavy-handed with the sandpaper, and not break anything. I'm looking forward to 24/29mm AP motors becomming available, again, so I can lob her.

I've just ordered a LOC Viper III. This should be as much fun to build, PLUS I'll be able to fly her on 3xDs or Es. :D Looking forward to this one! :D

OK! I challenge you do a drag race the next time I see you:) I really like my Viper...only flown on D power...wonder what it'll be like with a touch morE powEr?

Pic from Largs 2004 high power launch site by Adrian Hurt

Originally posted by starbug
OK! I challenge you do a drag race the next time I see you:)
You're on!

Cluster drag race - thats gonna be a QuickMatch-fest! :D

Originally posted by cydermaster
've just ordered a LOC Viper III. This should be as much fun to build, PLUS I'll be able to fly her on 3xDs or Es. :D Looking forward to this one! :D
... and its just arrived, and is better than I thought it would be! :D

<b>My Favorite is my Booster Bruiser:</b>
V0010003.jpg

See the little cam on the black line by the yellow checker board ?
That puppy flew at the SPEED OF LOC on a Pro98 M520 motor last week at Midwest Power 2 last week.

14 seconds burn time, stay tuned for a video near you soon.

Other LOC rockets I have are:
Big Nuke
Pro Nuke XL for Skyripper's I motors
EX-I again for Skyripper's I motors
I-Roc upgraded to J-Roc with thier ebay and payload section
Phantom
Onyx
Weasel

Weasel is a great rocket that I combo with my
Mini GearCam.

The I-Roc and Bruiser have been spin free on my videos

see the Videos at BoosterVision.com and see

Art Upton
K8XG
BoosterVision.com

I have a Stovi which will be the next kit i build.
the Minnie Magg is the next kit i'm going to buy.
eventualy i'll get an Onyx and a warlock.

Originally posted by starbug
OK! I challenge you do a drag race the next time I see you:) I really like my Viper...only flown on D power...wonder what it'll be like with a touch morE powEr?

Pic from Largs 2004 high power launch site by Adrian Hurt
Viper goes just nicely on 3 Ds (or 4 in my case). 3 E9s is less av. thrust, but longer burn. Would be interesting to drag race 3D against 3E just to see the difference.
3 E30 AP motors though is just mental, as I found out the hard way :(

i would be too afraid to cluster composites.
i just bought the onyx. hopefully it goes together well. the Aura has one major flaw with it. the supplied streamer is way too small. get a chute, at least 14 inches. i just made an 18" chute out of rip stop nylon purchased at the local fabric store. good stuff.

I picked up a Starburst kit at the Harry Stine memorial launch.

It's my first rocket in about 25 years, so I think I'll get a Weasel or something like it to fly first, before I attempt a cluster launch.

Vulcanite H76 was my first mid power bird and obviously doing circles around the earth since she has not been seen since it's last launch and have a Expediter on the way. Anxious to get started on that one.:D

P.S. If any of you guys that have a telescope and see a green and gold vulcanite in orbit, pls contact me and let me know!:kill:

Back