LOC Precision

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouch

Reaction score
I wanted to give a shout out to Jason at LOC. When he announced the Thanksgiving contest I rifled through all the photos of my LOC rockets and entered as many as my little fingers could type. I was having a pretty rough day at work the other day but smiled like a hyena on bath soap when I checked my email informing me I won. It cheered me right up. To his credit he didn't tell me what it was even though I dropped a hint I desperately wanted to know.

Today the UPS man brought me a sweet 4" LOC Goblin and I couldn't be more stoked. This kit is awesome, it has the 54mm motor mount with their 38mm and 29mm adapter. Also the included chute looks to be a major upgrade. And a sticker sheet, they included a sticker sheet! Now it looks like I finally have an excuse to buy a 54mm case. Maybe the 852???

Anyway, I wanted to put it out to everyone how awesome this kit looks. I need to fill the 4" four finned rocket hole for some time now and I couldn't be more excited. Thanks again Jason, you guys rock!!

I'm horrible with build threads and I had no intention of actually starting to build this thing but....it dern near builds it's self. I have test fitted all the parts and installed the T-nuts. I sanded the fins and centering rings and glued the aft centering ring on the motor tube. That's where it will stop until I decide if I want to bevel the fins or not. Not sure if I want to on this one because the whistle would be cool but I have always had beveled fins or at least rounded so this is keeping me awake at night. Once that get's figured out, the rocket could be done in a weekend less paint. The fin lock thing pretty much builds itself. I am convinced if I put all the parts in a large back and squirt some Time Bond in there followed by a good shake, a workable rocket will pop out in five minutes. I can already see this will be one of my favorites and I am already seriously considering picking up some 54mm hardware. Never thought I'd say that.

I'm horrible with build threads and I had no intention of actually starting to build this thing but....it dern near builds it's self. I have test fitted all the parts and installed the T-nuts. I sanded the fins and centering rings and glued the aft centering ring on the motor tube. That's where it will stop until I decide if I want to bevel the fins or not. Not sure if I want to on this one because the whistle would be cool but I have always had beveled fins or at least rounded so this is keeping me awake at night. Once that get's figured out, the rocket could be done in a weekend less paint. The fin lock thing pretty much builds itself. I am convinced if I put all the parts in a large back and squirt some Time Bond in there followed by a good shake, a workable rocket will pop out in five minutes. I can already see this will be one of my favorites and I am already seriously considering picking up some 54mm hardware. Never thought I'd say that.
I cam confirm that I didn't bevel my fins and it does whistle, very cool to hear

Back