LOC/Precision 4" Yank IRIS Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The white is down. Surprisingly, the Mission Models RC white gave me no issues with my Iwata Eclipse and the 0.5 needle and cap. I has able to spray full length lines without any clogging at all. For the first coat, I sprayed it right out of the bottle. On the second coat I added about 20% Mission Models polyurethane additive into the bottle. The poly additive not only makes the paint harder when dry, but also makes it spray super smooth.

I'm going to leave it for tonight and then mask the white up to spray the black, although I suspect I could go right at it with the masking tape now.

20201213_154441.jpg
Wet coat.

20201213_154834.jpg
Dry!

Decided to go ahead and mask it up and do the black portions. I did the first coat with my favourite, Auto-Air Sealer Dark, and it went on nice and smooth. I did the second coat with the Mission Models RC black and I'm not quite as happy with it. It doesn't spray as nice, even with the poly additive. Nothing a quick buff and clear won't solve, but I prefer my Auto-Air Colours so far.

20201213_203618.jpg

jealous mode: \ON

:D

Nicely done Tyler!

Haha! Thanks, Paul! Once I get all the rest of my odds and ends done, I'll do the touch-ups and clear it. I put the IRIS decals on it this morning and brought it into the store to display while I wait for the rest of my goodies.

Latest posts

Back