LOC MMAS instructions?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnmanak

Reaction score
Does anyone have the instruction sheet for the LOC MMAS parts?

I got a Bruiser EXP kit a while back and finally got around to opening it up. Not worried about the rocket itself, it is pretty straightforward, but the MMAS kit comes with a lot of parts. I am pretty sure LOC has an instruction sheet for MMAS, but there wasn't one provided with my kit.

I also went and looked on their website and could not find a place where you can download instruction sheets. If there is a download page, cool - would love the link.

I have called them at least 10 times over the past month. Always goes to voice mail. Message says to send them an email because they do not answer their phones. Leaving a voicemail does no good. Emails go unanswered. I ordered a kit in September, took 5 weeks for it to get filled.

Maybe they are swamped because of the Public Missiles acquisition, but, while I agree they USED to have great customer service, lately, it has been non-existent.

Same here. I have a LOC VII with the MMAS in my build pile. These are the only instructions that came with it. Pretty useless. I am not even sure all the correct parts are included per the parts list. Maybe Step 3 refers to the MMAS, but the wording is horrible. Illustrations needed.

I need to inspect this MMAS thing more carefully and try to figure it out. I recall another build thread on the LOC VII where there was some question about the goodness of the system to carry the thrust loads. I think the builder ditched the the MMAS entirely due to this concern, and built the motor tube in traditional fashion.

1635280556759.png1635280625495.png

Same here. I have a LOC VII with the MMAS in my build pile. These are the only instructions that came with it. Pretty useless. I am not even sure all the correct parts are included per the parts list. Maybe Step 3 refers to the MMAS, but the wording is horrible. Illustrations needed.

I need to inspect this MMAS thing more carefully and try to figure it out. I recall another build thread on the LOC VII where there was some question about the goodness of the system to carry the thrust loads. I think the builder ditched the the MMAS entirely due to this concern, and built the motor tube in traditional fashion.

View attachment 487410View attachment 487411

Thanks! Better than what I had before!

For anyone that may need it, here is the PDF of the MMAS instructions from LOC

Attachments

• MMAS-Instructions.pdf
    364.9 KB · Views: 65
For anyone that may need it, here is the PDF of the MMAS instructions from LOC
Thanks for this. I was actually wanting to see this before buying into the MMAS system. Specific info is rather sparse. I was hoping someone had done a 'build thread' to show the parts, but I haven't found one of those yet, either.

Thanks for this. I was actually wanting to see this before buying into the MMAS system. Specific info is rather sparse. I was hoping someone had done a 'build thread' to show the parts, but I haven't found one of those yet, either.

I haven't started that portion of the build, but I will try to document it and post it

Having just built a LOC Minnie-Maxx, this looks like it is assembled just like the motor tube/fin can I have. There is a video on their site showing exactly how it is put together.

Having just built a LOC Minnie-Maxx, this looks like it is assembled just like the motor tube/fin can I have. There is a video on their site showing exactly how it is put together.

That video is not bad (although, I don't exactly agree with a number of their building techniques - their method isn't "bad", it is just different than the way I tend to build), but it only covers about half of an MMAS build. Basically, what they show in the video is for a fixed motor tube, so that will be very similar to what you will need to do to install the "mother tube" of an MMAS system. In addition to that, you also need to build the one or many modular MMT inserts that will allow you to change the motor config.

I guess I will just start documenting the whole Bruiser EXP build. Doesn't appear to be one of those threads either.

I haven't seen the insert, but logically it would be a motor tube of the size you ordered, 1 or 2 motor tube bulkheads that are a slip fit inside the "mother tube", an end plate that is larger in diameter with the hole pattern that matches the "mother tube" rear bulkhead hole pattern, and an "optional" front thrust bulkhead that should probably be installed last to fit the way you built the insert. Any future inserts of different motor sizes would then have to match the first one.
I personally would probably omit the front thrust bulkhead and reinforce the tube to rear bulkhead endplate joint on the insert with fiberglass or a large fillet.

MMAS built and fit fine on my MegaMagg. Haven't flown yet so can't comment on robustness.
I followed John Coker's method installing the aft ring last so I could put internal fillets on the fins, both at airframe and motor mount tube.

Latest posts

Back