LOC - Mini Missiles gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
0126200845.jpg

l to r: LOC IV, Big Nuke, Hyperloc 835, Iris, Isis.
Isis is the same rocket as the Iris but with different livery and decals (both enclosed in kit).
The Mini Missiles line has been replaced with the LOC-1 line. Same idea, smaller versions of their bigger kits to fly on A to C motors. I have 2 or 3 more in the build pile. Too much fun.

Here are 2 official kits plus one scratch built from LOC parts.
20210111_130734.jpg
L to R: Scratch - Cyclotron downscale, IRIS, Hi-Tech. I use 9 or 12 inch parachutes, to give slower decent that the factory streamer. Also, much longer shock cords.

I have built three of the mini-missiles, and one of the LOC-1's so far. The biggest difference is the through the wall fins, which is a really nice feature. All are solid builds, and flyers, they even do well on an A10-3T with an adaptor.

Mini Magnum
LOC Mini-Magnum 015 small.jpg
Turns out that funny black and white speckled section of the stickers is the computer's way of printing silver. Gray would have been better.

Big Nuke
IMG_0430.JPG
The body was painted a graphite metallic, and looks pretty good

Mini LOC IV
IMG_1621_CROP.jpg
This time I realized that the funny speckled part of the stickers was supposed to be chrome, so I used automotive pinstriping tape for the black and chrome bands.

Striker-X
IMG_3220_CROP.jpg
The LOC-1 Striker-X. I tried to match the cover art as close as possible. This meant ditching the red triangles on the sticker sheet, and running a black sharpie around the edges of the rest of the stickers so that the white vinyl would not show. The body is basic black with the nose and upper triangles painted red. the fins are Testors spray gold, which as close to the fin color as I could find in my arsenal of spray cans. Since the cover art is the only picture of this model on the internet as of this time, I did my best to mimic the art.

Goose

Finished the last one in the build pile, HyperLoc 835. I converted the coupler for the payload into a mini-baffle, and the payload section then holds the recovery.

IMG_3441.JPG

And now the Family shot

IMG_3443.JPG

Goose

Agreed. Shipping is ridiculous and it has stopped me from buying from them many times.
I have purchased from them and their website shipping calc is wrong. Don’t be scared off by that, just include a note requesting actual shipping when you order.

Back