LOC Magnum 3E Flight Data Request

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexBruccoleri

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone have any flight data for the LOC Magnum 3E? I am trying to get a precise sim to avoid busting the waiver and I am not sure the Cd info in the sims is correct. What I need is the precise pad weight, motor and altitude. Thanks, Alex

Probably not helpful, I don't have a 3E, but I have the Magnum 5.5 54mm with 6-29's.

With an I-500 in the center and 2 H-115's, I got 2040 ft at 188oz (dry). The flight was to be an I-500 with four, so two didn't light. My sim was expecting closer to 3000 than 2000 if all four H-115's lit. Maybe this data point will help you.

If you want to try and sim it, just use two full weight H-115's in the back along for the ride with the others.

Probably not helpful, I don't have a 3E, but I have the Magnum 5.5 54mm with 6-29's.

With an I-500 in the center and 2 H-115's, I got 2040 ft at 188oz (dry). The flight was to be an I-500 with four, so two didn't light. My sim was expecting closer to 3000 than 2000 if all four H-115's lit. Maybe this data point will help you.

If you want to try and sim it, just use two full weight H-115's in the back along for the ride with the others.
This is quite helpful! Do you recall how straight the flight went?

About like this (both of the H-115's were on the same side). The kick to the right was in the wind direction, so not sure how much was wind, and how much was asymmetric thrust.

Peak velocity was about 345 ft/s (355 on one altimeter, 335 on the other).
View attachment IMG_2905 - Copy.MOV

Also, perimeter motor 1 was started 0.1 second after boost, #2 was 0.5 after. The other two were apparently the victim of a software re-flash problem or my error.

About like this (both of the H-115's were on the same side). The kick to the right was in the wind direction, so not sure how much was wind, and how much was asymmetric thrust.

Peak velocity was about 345 ft/s (355 on one altimeter, 335 on the other).
View attachment 556186

Also, perimeter motor 1 was started 0.1 second after boost, #2 was 0.5 after. The other two were apparently the victim of a software re-flash problem or my error.
That was pretty straight. Nice flight!

Latest posts

Back