LOC King Viper Rocksim file

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederocket

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was just forced to upgrade to RockSim 10, as 9 all of a sudden quit working. As a result the LOC King Viper file is no longer available. Long story-short: the young lady at Apogee has no idea why. Does anyone have a LOC King Viper file that will work in Rocksim version 10?

Note that the current fins are significantly smaller than the previous version; smaller tip chord, greater trailing edge sweep. I don't have an .rkt file, unfortunately.

A number of times, I've had to take a RockSim file and 'tweak' it to what my model actually is. I have some really old models/designs where the files needed updating to match closer to what I have or just recently bought. Even lengths are different, etc. Probably due to change in ownership over the years. It's better than building the entire thing from scratch plus you get more familiar with RockSim.

Note that the current fins are significantly smaller than the previous version; smaller tip chord, greater trailing edge sweep. I don't have an .rkt file, unfortunately.
Mine was built, using the fin design, similar to the Bruiser fin. I just need the basic file so I can manipulate and work sims. If Tim hadn't screwed with the change over from 9 to 10 versions, wiping out all of my files when he crashed 9 perilously, I and others wouldn't be in this fix. Motor files are also gone.

I have been using RockSim for many years. I got my first copy on 2.5 disks, probably have them somewhere in my desk. Still have several versions on CD disk also. What I may be able to do is find it on one of my old laptops. Hopefully some of my older sesign projects will also be there, including my L-3 project, an upscale of the RocketMan Wahoo on 7.5 glassed tube.

The file I included above came from an old RockSim 9 version.
Thanks. I was able to download the file to my desktop and then drag and drop the file into the LOC files in RockSim 10. I was then able to open the file in RockSim 10. I am keeping the original file stock and have opened and saved an additional file for tweaking, as my version uses fins made from 1/4" honeycomb paneling and the body tube is GL flexible phenolic. Framed it out about 15 years ago and am just know finishing the darn thing.

Back