Loc HITECH H45

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Nokes

Reaction score
Good morning all

Just need some ideas please.
The screws on my forward launch rail guide I noticed are sticking about 1/4 inch through the inside of the body tube.
I'm concerned that these will rip into the parachute when packed.
The rail guide is epoxied on. Should I maybe make a lightweight centering ring to go just above the screws so my recovery system doesn't slip back that far.

Thanks

If you used a machine screw, then you can add an acorn nut to the inside. If you used a wood screw then the epoxy putty like above or a small block of balsa glued and pressed onto the screw tip.

Tad of putty would work just fine. So that there aren’t any sharp edges for the parachute to catch onto.
Whats your Hi-Tech look like?
Here’s mine

Attachments

• C888887D-F592-4AA6-9116-F261EF8E663A.jpeg
    C888887D-F592-4AA6-9116-F261EF8E663A.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 30
Tad of putty would work just fine. So that there aren’t any sharp edges for the parachute to catch onto.
Whats your Hi-Tech look like?
Here’s mine

Oh wow, that looks much better than mine, let me take you a picture

This is mine, the stickers are Rocketry works.com and Missileworks.com.
Two of the fins are black one side and purple the other and the yellow fin is yellow on both sides. The payload is silver.
I actually experimented with the circuit covering and it was first so a little rough in places..

Attachments

• 20220220_194032.jpg
    20220220_194032.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 32
You said the guide was epoxied on so can you unscrew the screw and file it down and screw it back in? Maybe a dab of glue on the hole then?

Back