LOC HEAVY DUTY BEAUTY ia back

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob jablonski

Reaction score
Tomorrow we will be updating our webstore with the return of the LOC Heavy Duty Beauty rocket kit 29mm central mount with 4 24mm motor mounts. Think cluster Loc 4.

I think that is just about the perfect cluster combination for those of us who can't always push the waiver. So versitie...so many options!

Cheers,
Michael

It is now on the website for your viewing pleasure.

Screenshot_2016-02-15-11-43-04.png

yes it is TTW. Not sure when the next sale is with shipping going up to get items and ship items the profit wiggle room to discount deeper or cover free shipping is shrinking. Dont worry Black Friday wont end.

Love me an HDB! Patterned mine after Scott Bartel's Loc IV, HDB, or Bruiser in the old HPR mags. 12 flights and counting; love to use thermalite to airstart the outboards! Bob, hope you have one on hand at the April Michiana launch!

HDB_zps7frkibzh.jpg

I will have one in April. With all the kits and motors I will have (can you say CTI 75mm M's?) not sure how much personal rockets to fly will be there. Laser loc defiantly maybe I can squeeze in Polish Thunder.

yes it is TTW. Not sure when the next sale is with shipping going up to get items and ship items the profit wiggle room to discount deeper or cover free shipping is shrinking. Dont worry Black Friday wont end.

I certainly understand pricing pressures. And, in all honesty, I still "need" to buy

$200+ worth of CF sleeving and shring-wrap tubing (sleeving a LOC Ultimate, Binder Design Terrordactyl, and a King Kraken)
$300+ worth of CTI 29mm motors and casings (This is for the LOC Ultimate - seven H and I motors get pretty pricey)
$150+ worth of electronics (Hard to do airstarts without them; want to have RRC3's so I can make sure rocket is still pointy-end up when I do airstart)

At that point I can actually build and fly the LOC Ultimate that I bought during your birthday sale last year.

Somewhere after that is when I should start thinking about buying more rockets... I don't have a problem. I can stop buying these any time I want to... I just don't want to. Yeah, that's it.

I enjoyed mine for the single flight it gave me. I had a way long ejection event that zippered the snot out of it followed by a hard landing that popped off two fins. I always planned on rebuilding it but never got around to it. Maybe one of these days...

DSC_0005-L.jpg

Does anyone have a Rocksim file for this? I'm trying to see if it will fly on BP so my daughter can fly it. I'm hoping 4xD12's and 1xF15 is enough to get this up in the air. :)

A stock LOC 4 flys no problem on a F50 so I don't think it would be much of a problem.

Does anyone have a Rocksim file for this? I'm trying to see if it will fly on BP so my daughter can fly it. I'm hoping 4xD12's and 1xF15 is enough to get this up in the air. :)

Provided all of the motors light at the same time, you could get away with it.

I flew one with an Ellis Mountain I69 center core and 4 D12s plugged. the gear shift was awesome. I flew my first one in 1988 with a full G center core and plugged D12-0s.

Back