Loc Esoteric & Top Gunn: Dinosaur builds!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for checking in!!! I didn't try it again yet; my boys and I camped out at Bong for the launch last weekend. Camping gear + rocket gear = not enough room in the truck for the ginormo Esoteric. I have commitments for the next two local launches; a retry will likely have to wait until Midwest Power. BUT, I think you'll like the lineup I have set for Midwest Power...you should take a road trip and we could have a Retro Reunion!

-Eric-

Man I can't wait to see pics and vids when it happens. And I know all about loading the truck up for camping with the family!!

While I doubt I can make MWP this year that retro reunion idea would be a great thing to keep in mind! I need to build more than an Ultimate first though lol. Maybe after I finally build an Esoteric and Ultimate Max!!

Excited to hear what u have for MWP, I'll hopefully be there sat and Sun to watch your fleet!

I know this is an old thread. I just received an Esoteric. I was wondering where exactly you put the eBay. I was trying to figure out where, by the deployment pictures, but to no avail. The transition that was sent to me is made out if LOC stuffy tube that needs to be 'glassed. I'm only planning on 'glassing that only.

Eric, if you could give me any tips/advice on building this, that'll be extremely helpful.

amazing to see a rocket of that size accelerate so quickly on only three K motors.

something to say for light weight cardboard!

LOLz - i said "only three K motors" as if that is a pedestrian load we see every day.

Neat to see this thread pop back up ... awesome old kits and history.

Currently restoring my original Esoteric, with few modern touches ( ebay, rail buttons,etc ).

First run, foam nosecone, flew at LDRS 6, and won ' most energetic disassembly' at LDRS 12 ........

I've been saving my last Kodon L1860 just for this bird.. LDRS maybe ?

AL ( quiet but never gone ) Swackhammer

Having reread this thread again, makes me wonder if I had an ebay added to the kit. The box is still sealed. I haven't gotten to this massive build yet. I'm liking how Eric has the sections split.

Having reread this thread again, makes me wonder if I had an ebay added to the kit. The box is still sealed. I haven't gotten to this massive build yet. I'm liking how Eric has the sections split.

Peter, which one...the Esoteric? If so, the main 7.67" airframe is so long that it's easy to add an e-bay, and genuinely helps to break down the sections for transportability! Regardless of the airframe, I'm in favor!

And you know what, I still have to take a photo of the Loc/Custom fleet together sometime!

Peter, which one...the Esoteric? If so, the main 7.67" airframe is so long that it's easy to add an e-bay, and genuinely helps to break down the sections for transportability! Regardless of the airframe, I'm in favor!

And you know what, I still have to take a photo of the Loc/Custom fleet together sometime!
Yes, the Esoteric. I'm going to have to bring the box out of storage and check everything out.

I should take the same type of picture as well.

Back