Loc Cool Spool

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what they're referring to in the statement "The first batch also includes the AeroTech motor clip to make flying F and G single use easy." What' does "first batch" mean, as I assume this uses 24mm composite motors despite the engines listed below being 18mm BP?

I think the recommended engines are incorrect. My Cool Spool has a 29mm motor mount and chute recovery.
Loc has a larger spool, much more expensive. Don't think they have a smaller one.
EDIT: Make that HAD a larger one. And the copy on eRockets page is a verbatim one from the Loc website. So 29mm motors, 24mm with adapter. Maybe first batch of the re-issue has the older motor clips, newer ones have retainers?

Last edited:
I think the recommended engines are incorrect. My Cool Spool has a 29mm motor mount and chute recovery.
Loc has a larger spool, much more expensive. Don't think they have a smaller one.
EDIT: Make that HAD a larger one. And the copy on eRockets page is a verbatim one from the Loc website. So 29mm motors, 24mm with adapter. Maybe first batch of the re-issue has the older motor clips, newer ones have retainers?
Makes sense, thanks for the clarification kuririn.

Back