LOC Airframe & PML Couplers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCBrust

Reaction score
Has anyone used PML phenolic couplers with LOC airframe? In particular, I'm interested in LOC's 54mm airframe with PML 54mm couplers. By the dimensions on the websites, it looks like it may be a tight fit.

Thanks,
Randy

Has anyone used PML phenolic couplers with LOC airframe? In particular, I'm interested in LOC's 54mm airframe with PML 54mm couplers. By the dimensions on the websites, it looks like it may be a tight fit.

Thanks,
Randy

They are a tight fit but they do fit. I have both of them sitting right here in front me and the PML coupler fits in the LOC 54mm tubing but it takes some patients to get them together.

Thanks Scott. So, it sounds like it would be too tight for a separation point, i.e. payload to booster?

Randy

Thanks Scott. So, it sounds like it would be too tight for a separation point, i.e. payload to booster?

Randy

Well it will depend on the tubes. I have 3 LOC 54mm tubes and two of them fit good and one is tight that you have to push very hard to get it in.

Back