LOC 7.675" IRIS Build. 12 Feet of Cardboard, Wood and Plastic goodness.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hrmm that looks like it says J-M on some instructions behind the loc vinyl. So Maybe it their Loc VII?

Indeed it is the "coming soon" 7.5" LOC IRIS.

Those who know me certainly know my love for the IRIS. (In fact, I already have a 7.5" one!) They also know of my love for old school techniques and big cardboard rockets, though, my other one is fiberglass. I'm super excited to build this kit! I'll get a parts layout shot for you guys tomorrow, and hopefully start putting it together!

What's more sexy that a cardboard rocket? A rocket with a whole lot of cardboard! Good luck with the build, that thing is going to be impressive.

The LOC-n-fin system required a good bit of sanding to get stuff to fit, so I've taken the liberty of marking each fin and the corresponding slots I've sanded to fit.

Braden20180826_203353.jpeg

Made a good bit of progress this evening, the MMAS assembly is complete!

If you look at the last picture, though... you'll see a small issue.

Whoops.

Braden20180827_004817.jpeg20180826_210723.jpeg20180826_232643.jpeg

Great video! I’m not sure how I missed your channel before but I’m subscribed now!

How much do you expect it to weigh when your it’s finished? What kind a motor and altitude are you building it for?

Well, I have been working very long days so I haven't had a whole lot of time, and I started working on the punisher...BUT! Fins are all attached, tube slides over nicely. Ready to do some internal fillets.

Also, regarding the "trash" pile in the corner. Our recycling system here just puts all the recycled goods into a seperate big hole in the ground, so we like to take ours to a responsible recycling plant. We are a little behind. haha

BradenLRG_DSC00195.JPGLRG_DSC00196.JPG

Slow progress is progress.

Did some mini internal fillets with 5 minute epoxy to plug any potential small holes that I can't see. West systems epoxy WILL find it.

So I laid these on two opposing sides, effectively plugging any holes! Nice!

Next up is chopped carbon internal fillets

Braden20190216_212949.jpeg

Back