LOC 7.5" V2 vs. OpenRocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMJ

"Where the heck'd it go!"
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with OR and my V2.
When I open the V2 file, in OpenRocket, I get a message concerning the fins. OR erases the fins and will not allow me to add 'any' type of fins to the boat tail.
How can I make OpenRocket play nice with this V2?

You have to mount the fins to a phantom body tube at the very end of the mmt, then adjust them forward.Its kind of a pain, if you ask some one may already have a file thats fixed for you.

Okay... I got it, just as you said, Rich, however. I could not delete that 'phantom' tube after sliding the fins onto the boat tail. Deleting that phantom tube deleted the fins, also. I had to slide 'both' the fins and that tube up onto the boat tail. My V2 now has two MM tubes in the same location! LOL

How do I get OpenRocket screenshots posted here in the forum? I just took a picture of this one with my cell phone...

V2 screen.jpg

well if you're running window$, press 'pr sc/sysrq' key, this will capture an image of your screen. next open an image program( ms paint, irfanview (I use irfanview)) and paste (ctrl+v) the screenshot, from there one can crop out those portions of the screen one might not want to show, and resize the image(I generally use 1024 x 768) and save as a jpg file. unless you're running some crazy high resolution, you will not get much degradation in quality when you resize the image.
Rex

The other option is using snipping tool. Windows key>snipping tool.
well if you're running window$, press 'pr sc/sysrq' key, this will capture an image of your screen. next open an image program( ms paint, irfanview (I use irfanview)) and paste (ctrl+v) the screenshot, from there one can crop out those portions of the screen one might not want to show, and resize the image(I generally use 1024 x 768) and save as a jpg file. unless you're running some crazy high resolution, you will not get much degradation in quality when you resize the image.
Rex

Back