Lobster Again!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlazarus6660

Reaction score
The wife went to the local super market, Market Basket, and watched them roll out 3 crates of lobster with a sign on them, $3.99 lbs.
She got the first 3.:grin: Delicious!

The wife went to the local super market, Market Basket, and watched them roll out 3 crates of lobster with a sign on them, $3.99 lbs.
First three crates??? Wow-hope you don't get tired of lobster (soup, quiche, tacos, broiled, boiled, baked, stuffed-hey-they are like a box of chocolates....)

That would be my wife...I'll take that one and....:facepalm: She is so bad about lobster, she bought one for $26 market price!!! What market, I don't know, but OUCH!! :cry:

Ick. Underwater cockroaches. For whatever reason I have never liked the taste of lobster (or walnuts for that matter). Trust me I have tried many times. Blarg.

More for all y'all I suppose.

Lobster....meh. Gimme a plate fulla any kind of crab legs and watch in terror! A shocking display of reely baad manners and mindless gorging!

Lobster....meh. Gimme a plate fulla any kind of crab legs and watch in terror! A shocking display of reely baad manners and mindless gorging!
Im a leg man me-self.
Surf and Turf is the way to go. Nice piece of beef and some king legs ohhhhhhhh baaaby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see no mention of Craw-Dads??????????????????

I guess my answering machine is on the blink.
I checked it Big "D" and we didnt get your INVITE to break bread with ya'll.

Ick. Underwater cockroaches. For whatever reason I have never liked the taste of lobster (or walnuts for that matter). Trust me I have tried many times. Blarg.

More for all y'all I suppose.

I was kind of ambivalent about both lobster and crab for a long time. I thought it was OK, but didn't understand the hype. Turns out I was just not getting the good stuff. I got a crab salad at a place called the Swan Oyster Depot in San Francisco not long ago and it completely changed my understanding for how good crab can be --- giant lumps the size of your thumb, sweet and perfect! Now I'm interested in finding a really good lobster and giving that a go.

If you've tried it many times and still don't like it, then it's probably not for you, but in my case, I was just not getting it prepared well.

Langustinos and shrimp with clarified butter on the side, please.

I was kind of ambivalent about both lobster and crab for a long time. I thought it was OK, but didn't understand the hype. Turns out I was just not getting the good stuff. I got a crab salad at a place called the Swan Oyster Depot in San Francisco not long ago and it completely changed my understanding for how good crab can be --- giant lumps the size of your thumb, sweet and perfect! Now I'm interested in finding a really good lobster and giving that a go.

If you've tried it many times and still don't like it, then it's probably not for you, but in my case, I was just not getting it prepared well.

Isn't it amazing when you have something prepared correctly? It must be like what it is to hear clearly after suffering from a hearing impairment or to see colors after being blind. While I'm no "foodie" or anything like that it does depress me a little to think that most people go through their lives not tasting what food ought to be like. We have grown so accustom to mediocre treatments that we don't bat an eye. I don't expect (or seek out) 5-star food but I do appreciate GOOD, well prepared food, which is increasingly more difficult to locate. I do miss the days where my dad would get some water boiling and he'd come tearing in from the garden with his freshly-shucked corn ensuring that they were no more than 2 minutes from pick to water. We gave him a hard time about it but man that was awesome corn. I cry a little on the inside when I see the microwave frozen corn on the cob in the freezer section at Hannaford (Heck I cry a little when I see the pile of corn in the produce section).

Having lived most of my life in new england I have been subject to many outstanding treatments of lobster (at least according to my family and friends). Some have been better than others (I really don't get the lobster roll - lobster, mayo on a hotdog bun? ) but all of them were "not for me". Something about the taste that just makes me gag. Alas. I don't despise crab quite so much but it has to be either really good and sweet like you say or it has to be in a good example of a crab cake. Those both are pretty rare in these parts.

While I'm no "foodie" or anything like that it does depress me a little to think that most people go through their lives not tasting what food ought to be like. We have grown so accustom to mediocre treatments that we don't bat an eye.

I bat an eye! I loathe most store bought food. I'll stock up on fresh boat shrimp when in Charleston, I make my own butter, sausage, ground beef and get my milk from a dairy farmer. Because I can and will. I get goods from the farmers market often as possible and my eggs came straight out of a farmed chickens butt. I like real food.

When I was a kid, a commercial fishing license was much easier to get. My dad had one so that every year we could go to Key West and fill our deep freeze with lobster. They freeze perfectly in a block of ice. It was a lot of work, but it was also fun, and a bonus was eating lobster once or twice a week all year long. Florida lobster also tastes better than Maine, I believe. No claws, only tails. Most people may not know also that the best meat is in the knuckle (where the antennae meets the head), but that doesn't freeze well. When we came back and cleaned the catch, we froze the tails and ate the knuckles fresh. Best way to do a tail is split it lengthwise and grill it with melted butter while cooking. OOOHHH Yeah baby!

When I was a kid, a commercial fishing license was much easier to get. My dad had one so that every year we could go to Key West and fill our deep freeze with lobster. They freeze perfectly in a block of ice. It was a lot of work, but it was also fun, and a bonus was eating lobster once or twice a week all year long. Florida lobster also tastes better than Maine, I believe. No claws, only tails. Most people may not know also that the best meat is in the knuckle (where the antennae meets the head), but that doesn't freeze well. When we came back and cleaned the catch, we froze the tails and ate the knuckles fresh. Best way to do a tail is split it lengthwise and grill it with melted butter while cooking. OOOHHH Yeah baby!

Knuckle yes, tail.... Not nearly as good as a nice claw. Speaking as a Midwesterner transplant to New England.

Last year, during the lobster glut, I started grilling them. I like it, but it's easy to dry them out. Anybody try smoking them (180 deg or so for maybe an hour or two?)

Same here. My kids and I at an all you can eat crab feast is not a pretty sight. Doesn't matter what kind either, blue, snow, king, whatever. It's all good.

I guess my answering machine is on the blink.
I checked it Big "D" and we didnt get your INVITE to break bread with ya'll.

You musta been on the phone when I called you, All I got wasa busy signal.

BTW, slob on the cob was enjoyed too!

Back