Little Little Joe II Test

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20210310_230213.jpg
So now the decal outline is very prominant and the paint kinda turned a more silver. What should he done in the future is Not to clearcoat the chrome and apply the decals on top of all other coatings.
Now I will add the recovery equipment and send it!!!!

Last edited:
Nice! Way prettier than my old Estes 1:100 scale one from when I was a kid. Still flying through. Glued the LES back on so much it's probably more glue than plastic now!

Sorry to hear that...yes, putting a clear coat over metallics will dull them.....you could mask off the silver section and just coat the white and decals....then use a polish like future to coat the silver part....sorry, i sound like captain obvious...:)

Thanks for the insight fellas. I never had clear do that on me. Oh well, I'm going to send it when it gets calmer. Not stressing, was only a test anyway.

Well performed a swing test with a C6-5 and all went well. I think the launch will go well with almost 18mm motor with a fast initial boost speed.

Joe1_thumb.jpg

I clear coated it and the clear reacted with the chrome and the decals protected the paint under them and it looks like #hit.

LG~
So sorry...it looked amazing and I would've warned you if I'd known about what you were going to do. I have yet to find a decent off-the-shelf chrome/silver paint (sans airbrush) that can take a clear coat without turning into a grayish mess. Regardless, it's a fantastic build and I'm duly impressed!

There’s not much room in there for the chute and wadding. Do you wrap the chute in a fire blanket? Your thread also shows an engine mount with an A engine but your flight videos note that you are using B size engines? Is the engine bottom flush with the back of the main BT?

No blanket, no room for one. Engine sticks out 1/4" so i can pull it back out. A engine is not enough, so B engines seem to be perfect.

Here is a link to the capsule, tower and escape motor on thingiverse not my design but works when scaled correctly for your tube.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3192548I have plans on creating a capsule, tower and escape rocket for this build to make it look better. Back burner!!!
Cool 3D parts but I don't have a 3D printer. My apollo capsule needs a 38 mm i/s diameter tube and a BT 60 is 41.6 mm so will have to downsize the BT 60 to fit. Or purchase a 38 mm motor mount tube.

Back