Little Little Joe II Test

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20210218_224119.jpg

Looks ok the 3D printed tower sucks to paint.

We will see how well it flies and maybe i will design my own capsule and build a tower. Maybe!!!!

For some reason, this tiny little thing has a big appeal to me. I guess you also do a cardstock model at this scale.

I could not figure out the tower in OR so I offset the mass of the capsule/tower.
I guess it's water under the bridge; you could do that as several pieces:
1614794652675.png
I don't know if it's an issue in OR, but in RS the default reference for expressing the static margin in calibers is the nose cone base, and you'd have to change that to "Maximum forward diameter".

After you weigh and balance the printed, painted part, you can adjust wall thicknesses, override masses piece by piece, and/or add mass objects to the model so that the five parts collectively have the right mass and CG.

The truss would still not be well represented. There OR masters around here like @K'Tesh who could probably do it, but I don't think it's really worth the time. I guess one could draw a surface wrap that would trick the eye and look like the square truss in the renders, but I still don't think it's worth the time.

Last edited:
Yea I just did some offsets for mass and did a cardstock cp cutout and am going to string fly it. Should be enough to get what is going to happen. I was going to do it but started to look like this multitransitional monster, so I gave up.

Back