Little Joe II RCS nozzle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnmiller

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So I launched my Estes Little Joe II on its maiden flight today. It was a perfect flight... except.. I just noticed 1 RCS nozzle is missing. Any ideas on how to replace this? I don't have a 3D printer. Estes sells a replacement for all the plastic LJII parts but with the shipping it would come to $26! That might be worth it if I were missing more plastic parts but all I need is 1 tiny nozzle!

So I launched my Estes Little Joe II on its maiden flight today. It was a perfect flight... except.. I just noticed 1 RCS nozzle is missing. Any ideas on how to replace this? I don't have a 3D printer. Estes sells a replacement for all the plastic LJII parts but with the shipping it would come to $26! That might be worth it if I were missing more plastic parts but all I need is 1 tiny nozzle!
Easiest way would be to have someone 3D print it and ship it for cheap (protecting it of course). There are also 3D printing services such as Shapeways but I'm not sure what the cost would be for something so small. Do you happen to have a 3D model of it or willing to get the dimensions? If you can provide the dimensions I can make one and check the prices for you.

Cool, thanks for the info re Shapeways, and all the other suggestions posted and in private messages. You guys are the best!

Ah, thanks for this thread. I have a similar problem after my successful launch of the LJII.

I am missing one of the teeny-tiny attitude control nozzles from ONE of the reaction control systems (a single tiny nozzle)

In some ways it is barely visible... but you know how it goes.

I suppose I could get a bit of plastic stock and carve out a new tiny nozzle... but DAMN these things are tiny.

Shapeways has a new section dedicated to Estes 1:45 Little Joe II. I got all the parts and can’t wait to try them out, especially the BPC cap which has so far required some mod of the kit capsule and LES tower.
The designer told me he sized-up the throats of the RCS nozzles to make them less likely to snap off in flight.
These are all 1:45, not 1:48.

Last edited:
Back