Little Joe 1 Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonRecktofen

Reaction score
Hey folks, where would I look for drawings or diagrams for helping to build a 4” diameter Little Joe 1....
The Mercury capsule early version, not the Apollo Little Joe II... Looking for diagrams of the fins so that I can duplicate them to a 4” BT size...

Thanks for any suggestions or links...

Franz in NJ

There is a fin template here for an ST-20 sized (2.04" OD) Mercury Little Joe:

https://oldrocketplans.com/pubs/Enerjet/1-73/Jan_1973.pdf

You can upscale accordingly.

P.S. Scale data on the rocket itself is in Alway's ROTW. The Enerjet version is semi-scale, with the body slightly extended for stability.

Thank you, I’m a newbie around here what’s ROTW stand for?

Thanks again for the info and the link!

Franz in NJ

Here ya go. Yeah it doesn't help much but it's not often one gets to post pictures of stuff like this and they actually fit into the conversation.
Me and my gremlin in Alamogordo this past June.
Little Joe, me and my gremlin.JPG

Here is a picture of the Little Joe I took at from Wallops Island some time ago. I have others if you are interested.

Attachments

• DSC00180.JPG
    DSC00180.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 132
Here is a picture of the Little Joe I took at from Wallops Island some time ago. I have others if you are interested.

Oh yeah that would be great if you could post some more... I’m planning a trip down there maybe in the spring to visit, how is the facility?

Nice. Not real big like Kennedy but I spent probably over an hour there.

Sounds cool, I went to Old Dominion University back in the early ‘80’s, probably drove past Wallops 2-3 times every school year but never thought to visit it... Might want to schedule a trip there and stop at Air/Space museum on the way back...

The museum/visitors center is small but interesting. Timing your visit to coincide with a launch is worth the effort - they have sets of grandstands and a PA setup in the viewing area.

Back