Little Dog DD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkey_bolt

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have the above? Could you tell me if a 54mm casing would fit inside the body tube please? Obviously the kit is designed for 38mm motors but I'm considering using it as a base for a minimum dia 54mm project. I'm particularly attracted to the all glass construction and its DD.

Many Thanks

Mike

I tested the following cases in my play load section and all fit fine.
AMW,CTI and AeroTech.
How high are you planning on going?
Letting RockSim do the math, the one I have built sims to 8630' on an AeroTech 38mm J350w.

A 54mm minimum diameter Little Dog? Hopefully you will be putting a tracker on it!:roll: Even dual deploy it will drift a LOT! You will need to trim back the fin tabs- which I am sure you are aware of- to allow a 54mm case fit..I would(I always do in my DD rockets) go drogueless..I am pretty sure someone here has done it and they can fill you in on any other tips.tricks..

Thanks guys, just ordered one from Rebel Rocketry.

Yep I was planning on cutting the fin tabs down so they are just flush with the ID of the body tube. It's actually going to be the airframe for a 54mm co-axial hybrid project so nothing to high. I just wanted something light and strong that is DD and this fits the bill perfectly. Keep you posted on the build.

Cheers

Mike

Back