List of parachute manufacturer?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jahall4

Reaction score
Has someone posted a parachute manufactures list? Would you be as kind as to point me in its direction? So far a cursory search has not turned anything up. thx

Are you talking low, mid or high power? Every LPR kit manufacturer sells them with chutes, some finished, some do-it-yourself.

If you are talking bigger chutes, then...

Top Flight, LLC
Fruity Chutes
Giant Leap Rocketry
Spherachutes
Rocket Man
SkyAngle

Aerocon Systems and Always Ready Rocketry sell military surplus chutes.

Last edited:
High power! BIG glorious impressive chutes. I have been inspired by a recovery I saw at this months HARA launch. Wish the River City Rocketry team would post the video. It was amazing. Here is a look at the chute: https://www.facebook.com/rivercityr...0135090703122/999731233410167/?type=3&theater

Here is some video: https://www.facebook.com/rivercityrocketry/videos/1029196230463667/

Can't get Facebook at work, but all the vendors I listed offer very large chutes.

A really unknown and great maker deserves more recognition here for LPR and MPR chutes. Granted things get a little blurry at the edges of MPR if they are heavy, but the service was fast and I've got nothing but praise for this company. They have made custom designed and personalized chutes for me in the past and donated to Plaster Blaster with custom embroidery for our event. Check these guys out: www.rocketchutes.com

There is no 1/2 oz. or 3/4 oz. ripstop the lightest is 1.1 oz per square yard.

There are lighter ripstops, but I would not use them for parachutes. I have 10 yards of orange and brown military ripstop. They are usually used for cargo and flair chutes.

We have seen 3/4oz but not for years. The fabric weight depends a lot on how thick of a coating is applied. 1.1oz seems to work out very well. One of our customers buys Par120s for there drone recovery systems is using our 1.1oz with no problems at all.

Thanks everybody. Here is my compiled list of Manufactures / Exclusive vendors. Seems sort of short. I'm I leaving anyone out?

Fruity Chutes
Giant Leap Rocketry
LOC Precision (Angle/Precision)
Model Rocket Parachutes
PML
Rocketman Parachutes
SkyAngle
Spherachutes
Top Flight, LLC

Back