list of Fiberglass/composite rocket manufacturers/vendors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Long time rocket geek that had to take a health related vacation from the hobby for to many years roughly 13 years. But all is good and back. See some things still around some are no longer. But who are your go to for all fiberglass/composite kits and parts? Who seems to have the best deals and black Friday coming soon any sales one should look out for? I'm a L3 flyer so any size is good.

Wildman & Madcow both have holiday sales and have great composites, both kits & components. Mach1 Rocketry also has composite kits. Mac Performance has canvas phenolic. Also great service.
There’s more for sure as I know others will chime in.

Wildman & Madcow both have holiday sales and have great composites, both kits & components. Mach1 Rocketry also has composite kits. Mac Performance has canvas phenolic. Also great service.
There’s more for sure as I know others will chime in.

I've flown stuff from Wildman. Pretty good stuff. Haven't dealt with Madcow but know of them. Aldo know about Mach1. Never dealt with Mac Performance. Looking forward to hearing others experiences.

Thank you for the reply

I buy from both Madcow and Wildman
At launches Wildman usually has a couple kits on a super deal, got one at Airfest.
Madcow deals are online, I believe he doesn’t sell at launches so not to undercut the dealers.
Go to their websites and sign up for notifications.

M

I can vouch for Mac Performance- building the VTS-6, and was missing a couple of parts; one quick phone call and all was made right. Madcow rocks, too.

This looks exactly like RocketryWarehouse before Madcow took over (thankfully!). Is Curtis back? :oops:
Not sure about Curtis. Inquired about 2 rocket kits. They were very responsive to emails and even called me a couple times. One month ago I placed order for the 2 rockets (in stock per website). Opted for 'pay when ready to ship'. Received payment request and paid immediately. Then received FedEx tracking #. Then nothing.......... No response to my emails. On phone calls and chat I was told "I think they are going out today." (repeatedly) Finally sent a Facebook message and was told they were being packed and delivered to FedEx that day.
Tracking indicates package to be delivered this week. I'm holding my breath to see if everything is complete.

Mac Performance for canvas phenolic kits and parts

Nat at Upscale CNC for Custom cnc g10, canvas phenolic and carbon fiber

Public Missiles has some great carbon fiber airframes and G10 fins (selection and custom) and FG and Carbon Fiber nosecone

Wildman - carbon and FG airframes, custom CNC g10 and carbon fiber, awesome nosecones

Madcow - carbon and FG airframes, nose cones

This has been an interesting thread to read. I tried twice to order the Formula 75 from Composite Warehouse when they had it on sale last week. The first time I placed the order and didn't ever hear anything. I just ordered it again last Thursday and just now checked it...nothing. So, in summary, twice I've gotten an email confirmation...and twice I've not been charged and twice there's no order to track on their system. I am going to call tomorrow and see what the deal is...not impressed.

Powderman

Odd. I placed an order for two Ibex 54’s earlier this year when it was on sale, and chose the pay when ready to ship option......worked like a champ. 🤷🏻‍♂️
We'll see what they say tomorrow...the good news is that I did check out Madcow and ended up ordering the little Python that they had on sale.

Powderman

We'll see what they say tomorrow...the good news is that I did check out Madcow and ended up ordering the little Python that they had on sale.

Powderman
I called 3x yesterday with no answer; I did leave a message. At this point I don't expect to hear back.

Powderman

Received my Composite Warehouse order today. It took a month but was everything I expected. For one rocket I asked for longer motor tube, longer coupler, and FWNC, all of which they did. Quality is great! Prices were great!
Being new to HPR I didn't know about the issues some had with Rocketry Warehouse, Curtis Turner, or the connection to Composite Warehouse. It seems they still have some customer service challenges but are producing quality products.

Received my Composite Warehouse order today. It took a month but was everything I expected. For one rocket I asked for longer motor tube, longer coupler, and FWNC, all of which they did. Quality is great! Prices were great!
Being new to HPR I didn't know about the issues some had with Rocketry Warehouse, Curtis Turner, or the connection to Composite Warehouse. It seems they still have some customer service challenges but are producing quality products.
That's great! I received my Lotus 5 kit last month within 4 days of submitting payment. Yesterday, submitted payment for a Formula 98 kit from them. I expect to have it some time early next week. I think Composite Warehouse does a pretty good job.

I'm glad you guys are having good luck with them. I tried calling again today and left a message. I guess they don't want my business?

I'm glad you guys are having good luck with them. I tried calling again today and left a message. I guess they don't want my business?
I've only used the website and patiently waited for emails. Of course, if I was looking to get custom parts, more/better communication would be needed.

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

Cautiously optimistic with Composite Warehouse. I, too, ordered a Formula 98 during the latest 'sale', although I'm WELL AWARE of the depth and scope of the previous history....a history that still has issues from last Black Friday sales (or was it 2 years ago?, some things are a little fuzzy sometimes).

Having MadCow as the definitive outlet surely settled things for a while, and they were going good.

IIRC, it was that same history that sent Wildman into the wilderness to secure a separate, uninterruptable secure source of rocketry grade fiberglass and brought us his excellent line of red 'glass and the subsequent super explosion of sales and offerings!

We'll see how it goes this time around, SeanW78 is the only one that we've heard of 'shipping', so maybe the first batches of the Formula 98s are going out...... Everyone seems happy with the Ibex rockets that they've gotten, thus, my optimism.......enough to put coin on the line.

Any body use Mach1 Rocketry? I ordered a couple minimum diameter kits from them yesterday. 54mm and 75mm kits. Trying to see if any rocksim files exist. Alien interceptor.

That and anyone with experience with their product and service?

Any body use Mach1 Rocketry? I ordered a couple minimum diameter kits from them yesterday. 54mm and 75mm kits. Trying to see if any rocksim files exist. Alien interceptor.

That and anyone with experience with their product and service?

You can download the simulation files from Mach 1 here. Good luck with your builds... I have a Mach1 kit that I haven't built yet, but everyone seems to speak highly of the quality of the products.

You can download the simulation files from Mach 1 here. Good luck with your builds... I have a Mach1 kit that I haven't built yet, but everyone seems to speak highly of the quality of the products.

Thank you for the link. Looking to fly the 54mm minimum diameter on the DMS AT K455 motor. Almost a full K with 5.1 seconds burn time. Try the minimum diameter 75mm on the DMS M1850. Both should catch some good altitude. Then try them on some research motors.

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update, I did get a call from Composite Warehouse.
They were calling to confirm my order and to let me know it was shipping today.
Good to get some communication and looking forward to the build!

Powderman

I got a shipping notice from CW this weekend. Big orange Formula 98 inbound!
My Formula 98 is in the slow hands of USPS now. Could be delivered any day as it left PA 3 days ago (I live in OH, the state next door). Even if they were trucking this order, it could be here in a day. I'll give them the weekend, but no detail other than 'arriving late' is a bit annoying.

Back