List 5 cars for your Dream Garage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ou5DnCH.jpg

what a wild color, I had a 1955 Stude pickup with the original Flathead six cylinder engine in it and 52,000 miles on it, driven on a farm only
GOCa8zM.jpg

remember when buick had a slightly naughty side?

[/snip]

Yes they did. . . Not mine, but I have a buddy who has one that looks like it.

1674893607547.png

I believe (not a fact) that the car was originally going to ship with a water or water/methanol injection system. I'll have to check with my friend, but I thought the dash panel had a spot for a light and some wiring in the loom. I don't think it ever shipped that way, but again, could be wrong.

His dad had an actual GN, not just the T-type. Ironically, I think the T-type was the faster of the two due to weight and accessories. Not sure about a GNX, maybe it was faster.

Anyway, the fun part for me about this car is that my mom had a 4 door Pontiac Bonneville of a similar year. The inside is vintage 80's GM velour bench seat etc. and it is the same in the T-type. You think you're in a grandma car until you push the pedal. It handled about the same too.

The last iteration of his car made around 600 hp, I think - still on the v6 platform. It would be way cheaper to put an LS in it, but he's committed to the v6 platform for various reasons. He wasn't the first owner, but has owned it (and done various engine packages) since around 1995/6, I believe.

Next time I see him (likely March, as he works for a NASCAR team and they are busy now), I'll get a pic of the version I've ridden in.

Sandy.

Yes they did. . . Not mine, but I have a buddy who has one that looks like it.

View attachment 559921

I believe (not a fact) that the car was originally going to ship with a water or water/methanol injection system. I'll have to check with my friend, but I thought the dash panel had a spot for a light and some wiring in the loom. I don't think it ever shipped that way, but again, could be wrong.

His dad had an actual GN, not just the T-type. Ironically, I think the T-type was the faster of the two due to weight and accessories. Not sure about a GNX, maybe it was faster.

Anyway, the fun part for me about this car is that my mom had a 4 door Pontiac Bonneville of a similar year. The inside is vintage 80's GM velour bench seat etc. and it is the same in the T-type. You think you're in a grandma car until you push the pedal. It handled about the same too.

The last iteration of his car made around 600 hp, I think - still on the v6 platform. It would be way cheaper to put an LS in it, but he's committed to the v6 platform for various reasons. He wasn't the first owner, but has owned it (and done various engine packages) since around 1995/6, I believe.

Next time I see him (likely March, as he works for a NASCAR team and they are busy now), I'll get a pic of the version I've ridden in.

Sandy.
Yes, Buick made a few iconic cars. I’ve owned a ’87 Buick GN for many years now. I bought it around 1990ish. The GNX was definitely the fasted of the turbo Buicks.

They are such fun cars and so easy to make them go even faster. It is true about the factory considering water injection. I’ve added an alcohol injection system on mine and wired in a light to the dash under the factory “Power Injection” spot. So they got as far as putting a space on the dash for it. You add fuel and boost and it makes power. Mine runs mid 12’s and the engine has never been out. Automatic overdrive…air conditioning…seats 5..gets 29mpg when you’re not in the boost. Love this car.
65DCAA65-0BAB-44BA-96D7-CCAEFE4C661E.jpeg

i would need a garage to put them in though!

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 0
  • car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 0
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 0
  • car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
  • car4.jpg
    car4.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 0
I have put this off for a while it seems, because my tastes are a little.... erm.. bizarre.
First we have what I'd like as my daily driver, a Jaguar E-Type, but not the convertible, the coupe, with the swing-out rear door.
Next is my parts-hauler a cute little Pinzgauer, again, hard-top. Great rolling ham-shack for POTA activations and field day.
Next are various project one-off vehicles built from older vehicles, two are VWs -- the Beetle Wagon for fun and the Bug-Atti to take to car shows.
And then there's the Bat-Van, which is so odd that I just love it.

Attachments

• 1000x641.jpg
    1000x641.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1974-steyr-daimler-puch-pinzgauer-710k-for-sale-01.jpeg
    1974-steyr-daimler-puch-pinzgauer-710k-for-sale-01.jpeg
    353.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-Zolland-Design-Volkswagen-Beetle-4x4-Studio-3-1024x768.jpg
    2015-Zolland-Design-Volkswagen-Beetle-4x4-Studio-3-1024x768.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 0
  • batvan.jpg
    batvan.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Bugatti_Veyron_1945_by_rc82_workchop.jpg
    Bugatti_Veyron_1945_by_rc82_workchop.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 0
It's difficult for me to look at a Jaguart XKE as when I was 16 years old there was one setting behind a bank that my sister worked at and it never seemed to move. I found out that it wouldn't run, instead of going right across the street and asking the guy who owns it if he would sell it, I was shy and the next day I asked my sister about it. She said that the car collector in town went over and the offered $1,200 and he took it. A red V12 coupe:facepalm: Turned out to be a bad alternator

Back