List 5 cars for your Dream Garage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A woman shows up at a car parts store and needs a part for her car. The counterman asks what kind of car she has. She said she didn't know so she went back outside to check. She comes back in and tells the man blue.
After he figured out what kind of car she had, he asked her what part she needed and she said "The 710 cap." He looked confused and asked her to show him the part. She handed him the part and he went and retrieved an oil cap from the back of the store.

My daughter used to travel a lot for work so she had high rank with one of the car rental companies, she could basically pick out any car they had on the lot. She went somewhere and they had a similar Maserati SUV on the lot. The guy out on the lot said she could take it so she did. She said she was a hit with the people she was meeting with.

1970 Chevelle SS Convertible 454 LS6 with the M22 Rock Crusher.
1970-ss-chevelle-ls6-convertible-454-450hp-m22-4spd-rotisserie-restored-1-1328867051.jpg
2021 Mustang Shelby GT-500 for a daily driver
2021 Mustang Shelby GT500.png
1972 Corvette Stingray LS5 (454ci with M21 close ratio 4 speed manual) (last year with front and rear chrome bumpers)
1972 Corvette LS5.png
1932 Ford Deuce Coupe from American Graffiti Even in the "baby sh!# yellow" color.
1932-Ford-Deuce-Coupe-Hot-Rod.png

Ram 1500 TRX Gold Shot concept truck as seen in last months SEMA show in Las Vegas. 702 hp new tow vehicle for our travel trailer.
2022 Ram 1500 GoldShot.png

Honorable mention goes to ZZ-Top's Eliminator 1933 3-Window Ford
ZZ-Top 1934 Ford three window.png

Last edited:
1970 Chevelle SS Convertible 454 LS6 with the M22 Rock Crusher.
View attachment 548697
Working in my father's garage around 1974 or so one of our customers was a used car lot. They got a 1971 El Camino with 454 LS6 and 4-speed and brought it to us to install a new clutch. I wanted it but my dad said no. :(

I only see 4 cars, but one of them is up my alley awesome (1967 Corvette).

71 posts, guess I'll list mine:

Lotus Esprit-Essex
mvxKhEr.jpg

Lotus 78 to do historic races. arguably one of the best looking F1 cars ever
9HH8fQE.jpg

serious Off Road GHE-O
6dBVVGU.jpg

Aston Martin Electric. After taking my first test spin in a Vanquish it would be the only car in a 1 car garage
gq2QRL8.jpg

Maserati Concept-sex on wheels
1LV75UE.jpg

Working in my father's garage around 1974 or so one of our customers was a used car lot. They got a 1971 El Camino with 454 LS6 and 4-speed and brought it to us to install a new clutch. I wanted it but my dad said no. :(
I didn't get a car I wanted also in 1977. Our neighbors had bought a car to tow their pop-up camper with. 1969 Impala SS, 396ci with 4 speed. He told me he tried to see how fast it would go, but after smoking the tire through 1st & 2nd, breaking loose going into 3rd, and breaking loose again going into 4th at +100 mph he got scared and backed off. Never did find top end.
I was between Freshmen & Sophomore year in college and really couldn't afford the car even though it was only going to be $600.

1969 Impala SS, 396ci with 4 speed.
One of my dad's friends had factory ordered a 1966 Chevy Impala with 425 horsepower 427 and 4-speed, for his wife to drive. She didn't like it eventually he pulled the motor and transmission from his pickup, 283 and powerglide, and put in the Impala. He put the 427 back in his pickup along with a 3-speed manual transmission and just slowly lugged around town. If a person had that car now with its original parts put back in it would be worth a lot of money.

of all the pictures I've found, the valve covers are not it.
This is the traditional design of the first gen. Hemi, the valve covers look a lot like the photo.
However another clue that isn't so obvious- in the show car the distributor is not visible, of course it's possible that electronic ignition is used and the coils are located somewhere else. In the old photo the distributor is on the back side of the engine. As I recall the second gen. Dodge Hemi had the distributor no the front and the third gen Hemi of course has no distributor. So maybe the show car is not the Hemi after all.
1670210711692.png

One of my high school teachers had a factory modified SS Chevelle. Early 70's. He took my dad for a ride. He came back white as a sheet. Said if it had wings it would fly.

Back