List 3 things that give you the most enjoyment in life.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobie1dog

Sea Killer rocket
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Most will likely list people, but it can be your job, animals, or material things. Pictures are encouraged.

-Crushing my enemies.
-Seeing them driven before me.
-Hearing the lamentations of their women.

Okay, seriously now.

I'm going to start by saying people and beliefs aren't mere "things" in my mind so I will not count family and religion.

Rockets.

(Just look in plenty of my other posts for pictures.)

Games.
1683819173552.png

Anime and other 2D Animation:

1683821165610.png

1683821120102.png

wife and kids are definitely 1 n 2... 3 is tough... i'm a philly guy, so sports isn't necessarily 'joyous,' though i do love to play and watch lots of different sports. there's fishing, but i don't eat meat anymore (yeah, fish is meat) so i'm somewhat ashamed to fish. love creating n building stuff; rocs, plastic models, paper sculpture, cartoons, et al so that's up there. love gaming, fps and rpg stuff especially. thinking about this, i take great joy in seeing other people's joy... video's of people recovering lost dogs and kids seeing their military parents after time away always shuts me down for a couple minutes. however, i'm gonna say as numba 3, loose jamming with other musicians with the smoke heavy in the room and the smell of beer and whiskey in the rug.

20211201_153732.jpg20210710_135709.jpgdrj.jpg20220712_174551.jpg20210911_121203.jpg20211128_111154.jpg

Attachments

• 20200516_183827.jpg
    20200516_183827.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • forjimpatterson.PNG
    forjimpatterson.PNG
    84.9 KB · Views: 0
wife and kids are definitely 1 n 2... 3 is tough... i'm a philly guy, so sports isn't necessarily 'joyous,' though i do love to play and watch lots of different sports. there's fishing, but i don't eat meat anymore (yeah, fish is meat) so i'm somewhat ashamed to fish. love creating n building stuff; rocs, plastic models, paper sculpture, cartoons, et al so that's up there. love gaming, fps and rpg stuff especially. thinking about this, i take great joy in seeing other people's joy... video's of people recovering lost dogs and kids seeing their military parents after time away always shuts me down for a couple minutes. however, i'm gonna say as numba 3, loose jamming with other musicians with the smoke heavy in the room and the smell of beer and whiskey in the rug.

View attachment 581601View attachment 581600View attachment 581604View attachment 581607View attachment 581609View attachment 581612
what kind of music do you like to play?

what kind of music do you like to play?

i'm a rocker at heart but i play folky acoustic stuff mostly, now. some little feat, tull, who, csny et al and i write my own stuff. as far as jamming goes, i'll play with anyone, any genre; blues, reggae, funk, gospel, pop, whatever. not sayin' i'm good, cause i'm not, but i like to play.

That means we need a video of you performing one of your compositions.

a'ight... you asked for it... i would suggest 'need' is greatly overstated, but here 'tis...

i will apologize for my persistent yammering. i have a tendency to never shut the f* up. sorry.

First up would be Mrs, she puts up with me after all!
2nd would be my son. 3 months away from turning 9. Watching how he is growing and his personality developing is wonderful.
3rd would be music. I don’t play, so I listen to everything else that has been written and played. From every genre and every country.

First up would be Mrs, she puts up with me after all!
2nd would be my son. 3 months away from turning 9. Watching how he is growing and his personality developing is wonderful.
3rd would be music. I don’t play, so I listen to everything else that has been written and played. From every genre and every country.
It's pretty rare for someone who doesn't play an instrument to place music that high up. 👍

Back