LiquidFyre Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update, after starting the router around 11:30am, the plate of carriers was done and 10:30pm. But everything went well and they look good. I will do a more thorough inspection tomorrow.

Glad to see you're back and running! Hopefully you can get the backorders shipped out quickly!

IMG_20190204_110106827.jpg

I'm about 60% done with the install of a 54mm 808 shroud in the nose cone of a minimum diameter upper stage. Brian deserves a lot of credit for the engineering of this thing and his drill template works perfectly. It's taking me a fair bit of dremeling and filing but the results will be worth it. I hope he gets back to full production so more people can have the experience of what a nice product this is! I'll post a picture when it's done.

So, Mini update. All of the components for the back ordered Mobius Mini kits are almost finished, with the exception of the pre-routed tubing. The shrouds are all molded, drilled, and routed to shape, and the front angle is cut on about half of them. I expect them to be completed this week. The carriers are all routed and trimmed. They still need to be drilled, tapped, and helicoiled, which can hopefully be completed this weekend or next week. The seals and pads for the sealed kits have been made, and all of the cameras and batteries and cables are also in stock. This week I will also be working on the manuals and routing templates. The pre-routed tubing is still waiting of jigs to be 3D printed and a major crash resulting in damage to the printer has caused delays with these.

With this progress I now expect to begin shipping Mini products before the end of March. Orders will be shipped in the order they were placed with the exception of the orders with pre-routed tubing. If your order includes pre-routed tubing and you want to remove the tubing from your order I will happily refund the price of the tubing and ship the remainder of your order. I expect it to take a few weeks to ship all of the backorders but I hope to be completely up to date by the end of April.

Thank you all for your patience.

I expect it to take a few weeks to ship all of the backorders but I hope to be completely up to date by the end of April.

Great news! I know some people have been waiting over a year for some stuff.

Question- can you give rough dimensions on a mobius mini carrier? Trying to determine if I could somehow fit one into a 54mm or 3" av bay :)

Great news! I know some people have been waiting over a year for some stuff.

Question- can you give rough dimensions on a mobius mini carrier? Trying to determine if I could somehow fit one into a 54mm or 3" av bay :)

I have added dimensions for all of the Mini assemblies to my website in the documentation section: https://www.liquidfyre-rocketry.com/Documentation

Keep in mind that while installing and uninstalling the camera the lens needs to clear the inside of the tube. That is why the 2" carriers have the extra angle to clear during installs.

Tube routing templates have been added to the documentation section of my site, https://www.liquidfyre-rocketry.com/Documentation, for all Mobius Mini sizes. These are used as a guide for cutting and drilling the openings in your tubing for the shroud system. I have also added the Mobius Mini manual and a webcam utility that is helpful in checking your cameras focus. I hope to have the Mobius Mini Installation Manual online in the next few days. I will also try to take pictures / video of a sample installation in the coming weeks to put in the manual and on my site.

Mini Update: All of the shrouds are finished, working on the last operation on all of the carriers. I'm currently expecting the first Mini orders to ship April 1st, and that' not an April Fools joke. I will be closed April 6th - April 13th for a trip with my family and dad to KSC to see a Falcon Heavy launch though so there will be a delay.

I am pleased to report that I received the bulk of my order yesterday. All that is missing is the routed switch band and coupler which Brian has agreed to send later.

Also included was a nice note from Brian apologizing for the delay and a coupon for 10% off future purchases as a thank you for my patience.

Everything looks good and seems to fit well. The instructions on his website are through and clear. Hope to fly it in a two-stage to 35k at LDRS in the fall

Back