Liquid-fuel rocket motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vodonik

Reaction score
Hi, I represent a group of physics student with a great interest in rocket science. Our latest project is a (relatively) small rocket motor propelled by Oxygen-Alcohol mixture. We have started an Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for materials and fabrication, and we post updated and details of our progress there. Check it out and let us know what you think or ask any questions, we will be glad to answer them. You can reach us ether here, on indiegogo site or on our facebook page.

Best regards, Boris.

Just my personal opinion, but I believe this forum is not for the liquid crowd, nor someone soliciting funds for said endeavor.

Way cool. I'm working on a related project, and it turns out this kind of thing is really tough to do. (Well, I mean, that should be pretty obvious, but yeah...) I think this would be better in the Propulsion section, but definitely a thing of interest. The one caveat is NAR doesn't allow experimental rocket propulsion, and Tripoli bans liquids except by special waiver, so they're beyond the scope of what most people on this forum do. What university do you represent, and what is your technical background? LRE's aren't as simple as just plumbing your propellants into a more or less arbitrary chamber at arbitrary pressures with arbitrary injectors, there's a lot of detail that I can't discern from your few posted pictures.

Hi to everyone.

First, were not forcing anyone to give us money. If it somehow offends you and you dont want to see it, but you are interested in out project you can check it out on out Facebook page and skip Indiegogo completely.

Second, we also understand that this project is not a trivial one. We worked hard just to reach this stage, and we have not even begun yet. If you noticed name of our design is MTG-5p. 5, we started from one, and as we saw flaws in the designs we modified them and bumped up the number. :) Also we are not going to do the actual fabrication ourselfs, we hope to get in touch with VTI (Military-Technical Institute) and get some help from them. We have not been 'backed up' officially by our university yet, but we are working on it.

As we progress further expect some updates from us. :D

All the best, Mach V!

Not wanting to discourage you or your efforts but perhaps there needs to be clarification; In this particular branch of the hobby, and typically on this forum, The pursuit of, and discussion of, liquid fueled rocketry is actively discouraged. It's not that he don't have a respect for it or those who want to step up to the challenge. It's that, by it's nature, liquid fuel systems carry a much higher inherent danger and are extremely unforgiving of error or inability. Most, though not all, of folks here have no more than the basics of physics and math backgrounds and an unformed experimenter can easily wind up maimed or killed. We, the hobby rocket community, enjoy a minimal amount or government interference because we are somewhat fanatical about self enforcement of safety. As such, for the vast majority, liquid fuel is strictly Taboo. The Reaction Research Society really is the venue for you. As an organization they have the facilities, systems and knowhow to support your endeavors to the fullest. Not to mention the community feedback you'd surely find helpful. Best of luck in your activities.

Back