Lipos for Altimeters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's definitely the Quantum doing that- running a wifi interface takes a decent chunk of power, so you'll probably only get a few hours of life out of those. Running normal altimeters off those (Eggtimer or otherwise) you'll get days of continuous runtime.
That's why I went with 1200 mAh 35C lipos for my quantum and mini switches.

Good points. I have been using 300mAh for Quantum without issues. However, at our local launch it is only a few minutes between getting rocket on the pad and turning on & arming the quantum until the button is pressed.

Now remember at Red Glare how long it was between loading and arming and the rocket getting launched, especially the HP rockets on the away pads.
If there is significant delay until launched the battery Voltage may have dropped too far on smaller LiPos.

Good points. I have been using 300mAh for Quantum without issues. However, at our local launch it is only a few minutes between getting rocket on the pad and turning on & arming the quantum until the button is pressed.

Now remember at Red Glare how long it was between loading and arming and the rocket getting launched, especially the HP rockets on the away pads.
If there is significant delay until launched the battery Voltage may have dropped too far on smaller LiPos.

You can test and simulate it pretty easily. Turn them on, wait 30 minutes, and see what the voltage is in the batteries after the wait.

Back