LiPo question - 3 plugs?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckeye

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
LiPo batteries continue to baffle me. Of course, the batteries I bought 2 years ago, and work good for my application, are no longer available. So I am looking at this alternative (2S):

1618599097439.png
The red plug I will use to power my altimeter - black wire/red wire, I get that! However, which of the 2 white plugs is used for balance charging?

JST RCY ( red plug ), JST-PH ( white wire ), and JST-XH ( blue wire, balance ). I think. Don't blow yourself up.

"Includes dual power leads allowing you to adapt to a JST standard plug, or a JST-PH plug, a popular connector for many 2S E-Flite airframes."

I use those same venom batteries. My charger uses the larger of the two plugs so I cut the other one off (one wire at a time) and cover the cut end with shrink wrap tubing.

Attachments

• PXL_20210416_231121749.jpg
    PXL_20210416_231121749.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 15
I cut the other one off (one wire at a time)

Heh. You're either much more disciplined than me, or you've made the same mistake. :) The battery I like to use for my Eggfinder LCD units comes with a third lead to one of the higher-power connectors, so I also clipped it to get it out of the way. But even though I'm an EE and should have known better, the first time I just took both wires into the jaws of my wire-cutters and snipped, and was not expecting the resulting spark/sound. Thankfully no other damage resulted, but that was definitely a 'duh' moment and wise to point out.

Back