Like McDonalds food? Watch THIS.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XolveJohn

Reaction score
:facepalm: https://investmentwatchblog.com/the-crazy-hidden-truth-about-mcdonalds/

I quit eating any chicken from them or BK years ago, because when dissected it looks like a composite matrix of fabric, chicken nerves, blood vessels, and unknown
materials. Always tastes good though. I am not allowed to eat salt, so had to quit not only most fast food, but the beloved TV dinners for lunch,
as they all have a gram of salt. Now cook my own! YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. Don't be a chemical dump..

I banned McDonalds from my family's list of restaurants after watching Supersize Me.

Was that by Michael Moore?

My boss almost turned himself into a diabetic by DRINKING 8 POPS A DAY. Each one has an ounce of sugar. It just turns to fat in the body, you know.

Only stage 1, proud he does not have to shoot insulin yet. Wow. And he disputes any of the supplements I suggest: "I only take what my doctor says, a vitamin".

WELL, Omega 3 is a magic bullet for the immune system I say. Keeps my old @ss body young.

I gave up eating at fast swill places many years ago and much prefer cooking my own. It's gratifying to hear the family rave over what you've done.

I gave up eating at fast swill places many years ago and much prefer cooking my own. It's gratifying to hear the family rave over what you've done.

Absolutely! My wife is a great cook, and I'd rather eat at home. But when I am out and about and need to grab something quick, I will pick Chick-Fil-A, Arby's, Wendy's, Burger King, and McDonalds in that order.

:facepalm: https://investmentwatchblog.com/the-crazy-hidden-truth-about-mcdonalds/

I quit eating any chicken from them or BK years ago, because when dissected it looks like a composite matrix of fabric, chicken nerves, blood vessels, and unknown
materials.
Always tastes good though. I am not allowed to eat salt, so had to quit not only most fast food, but the beloved TV dinners for lunch,
as they all have a gram of salt. Now cook my own! YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. Don't be a chemical dump..

Sensationalism. Of course this stuff is bad for you in massive quantities, just like anything else. Eat such a narrow diet for long enough and it does not matter what you are eating, you will experience side effects. But it is not outright bad for you. It has to be up to par with FDA standards. If you don't like that, then go to another country because everything we eat has to go through the FDA. Even your homemade meal with items bought from the store. Unless you grew it in your backyard, it is regulated.

Of course you are eating chicken nerves and blood vessels. You do that anytime you eat any meat.

Now onto the article. Cellulose is a very common and is used to prevent caking and mold. Completely safe. I mean you eat it in vegetables. Hope you did not use tobbaco products, btw, Ammonium Hydroxide is used in it up to 0.3%. Used in food it is an antimicrobial agent. Everything else is hyped up B.S. Not even worth the time to explain.

I don't like it when someone posts sensationalistic posts about stuff they might not know the whole story about.
If there is more information on this subject that is actually legitimate and not from a tabloid site, I want to see it.

Sensationalism. Of course this stuff is bad for you in massive quantities, just like anything else. Eat such a narrow diet for long enough and it does not matter what you are eating, you will experience side effects. But it is not outright bad for you. It has to be up to par with FDA standards. If you don't like that, then go to another country because everything we eat has to go through the FDA. Even your homemade meal with items bought from the store. Unless you grew it in your backyard, it is regulated.

Of course you are eating chicken nerves and blood vessels. You do that anytime you eat any meat.

Now onto the article. Cellulose is a very common and is used to prevent caking and mold. Completely safe. I mean you eat it in vegetables. Hope you did not use tobbaco products, btw, Ammonium Hydroxide is used in it up to 0.3%. Used in food it is an antimicrobial agent. Everything else is hyped up B.S. Not even worth the time to explain.

I don't like it when someone posts sensationalistic posts about stuff they might not know the whole story about.
If there is more information on this subject that is actually legitimate and not from a tabloid site, I want to see it.

The predominant issue is what is done in the preparation of the meal. Nothing but monstrous calorie injected, greasy, carb infected trash from these fast food joints. At home, I DO monitor what goes into my meals. I can't do that eating at these dives.

My day today

breakfast Sausage muffin
lunch mcdouble and small fries
dinner mac jr , medium fries and shamrock shake

Everything in moderation. And supersize me was a joke. I could eat at subway and put on that much weight if I wanted to. I could also eat every day 3 meals a day at mcdonalds and stay fit, and not just by eating salads.

^^^ This.
The predominant issue is what is done in the preparation of the meal. Nothing but monstrous calorie injected, greasy, carb infected trash from these fast food joints.
Carbs and calories exist in many foods, some have more than others. You could easily make a meal at home that contains more calories and carbs. I think this way of thinking is over hyped, and is an overreaction.

You can't buy into everything you read, hear, or watch. Logic and data prevail.

^^^ This.

Carbs and calories exist in many foods, some have more than others. You could easily make a meal at home that contains more calories and carbs. I think this way of thinking is over hyped, and is an overreaction.

You can't buy into everything you read, hear, or watch. Logic and data prevail.

Yes, if you WANT to. The fact of the matter is I don't.

And I don't disagree. That is why I did not include that part of the post in the quote. I just want the record set straight on the misconceptions posted earlier.

You think that's bad? How does Screaming Live Donkey grab you?

[video=youtube;u4hMJ-GJ4ag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4hMJ-GJ4ag[/video]

There is a restaurant here that serves real donkey meat. Fortunately, before I tried it... I asked what it was, and they were able to explain it to me...

So, "NO, I have not eaten A$$"

built from trash:

What about the anti-freeze component used? That stuff can kill people. And the obscure little red bugs they crush for food coloring? There are dozens of examples why

Micky D's IS POISONING US. I have seen people that eat that crap every day, THEY ARE FAT AND UNHEALTHY. I say eat organic, from the old 4 food groups, minimize red meat and fat. I will research this.

built from trash:

What about the anti-freeze component used? That stuff can kill people. And the obscure little red bugs they crush for food coloring? There are dozens of examples why

Micky D's IS POISONING US. I have seen people that eat that crap every day, THEY ARE FAT AND UNHEALTHY. I say eat organic, from the old 4 food groups, minimize red meat and fat. I will research this.

In most cases, the dose makes the poison. Water can kill you if you drink too much.

But McDonalds specifically targets minorities in their advertising, and if you walk out of McDonalds having eaten your fill, then you have overeaten. Plus, McDonalds employees are generally the worst behaved and least competent of the fast food chains around me. Chick-Fil-A employees smile and act like they really want to be there. The three Arby's near me are family owned and operated, and they seem to care about retaining your business. But it's a real crap-shoot with Wendy's and Burger King.

built from trash:

What are your sources? Anti freeze components?? Red bugs are food coloring?? This is B.S.
Of course if you eat there every day, you would be unhealthy. But you also have no idea why they might be obese. It could be that their thyroid gland is not working properly. You can't make an observation then apply it to everyone who has gone to Mc. Donalds as a broad generalization. I have eaten there and I am not overweight.

You should have researched this before posting this thread.

Ps. I am not against whatever diet you have chosen. I just want people to see that some of this is misinformation and has to be approached with logic, common sense, and knowledge.

But McDonalds specifically targets minorities in their advertising, and if you walk out of McDonalds having eaten your fill, then you have overeaten. Plus, McDonalds employees are generally the worst behaved and least competent of the fast food chains around me. Chick-Fil-A employees smile and act like they really want to be there. The three Arby's near me are family owned and operated, and they seem to care about retaining your business. But it's a real crap-shoot with Wendy's and Burger King.

Much of this is true. Ad targeting is nothing new. The internet is proof of this. Overeating once in awhile is OK. Not good but OK. Doing it every day is not. My bone of contention is the misinformation about what is contained in the food.

I just want to fact check it. Media is full of idiots. The worst kind too, because they have a bit of sway power over the masses.

Sure, like FAKE NEWS, ha. I actually am interested in nutrition. One of 2 boys who took the Foods and Nutrition class in high school, rest girls.

You cannot deny that too much animal fat is bad for you, leads to hardening of the arteries. Asians eat mostly fish, veggies, and rice, and don't get nearly
as many heart attacks as us. What gets them eventually is cancer.

And that being a vegetarian is healthier. I might become one some day. But you have to eat about 40 different fruits, vegs, grains, nuts, etc to stay alive.

THE PROOF: rats cannot get thru the maze after eating fast food! I rest my case.

First, I want to make a point: It's not proof without conclusive evidence. All that is presented is a claim.

Could they get through before eating fast food?

I searched online, the (not necessarily accurate) articles I found describe considerably but not overly impeded performance (20-30% probably with data cherrypicking) rather than complete inability.

Back