• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Lifetime supply of 36 ga nichrome wire

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prfesser

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how much wire is on this spool but I've probably made over 1000 starters with it since 1994 and it doesn't look like I've used any. Spool plus wire weighs 154 grams; if only a third of that weight is wire---I suspect it's more, metal is much more dense than the plastic spool---then there's about 1500 metres or about a mile of wire left. At 3" per starter, that's roughly 20,000 starters...or maybe more...

A 2500 foot spool of 36 ga nichrome on ebay sells for about $43. As I'm uncertain about how much wire is here, it's $20 plus actual shipping. Cash, check, Paypal ok.
Nichrome01.jpg

I have a 1/4 lb. of 36 gauge nichrome. It's sensative to the power level of the launch controller. I have to adjust the length of bridge wire for the voltage of the firing system. Only takes about 1A to ignite pyrogen.

Back