library or motor mounts for OpenRocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a library of common motor mounts for OpenRocket?

Motor mount (MMT) is just an inner tube connected to the airframe via centering rings. Nothing particularly unique about MMTs to populate a library.
Define the diameter and the length of a tube, pick the material, and you are done.

a

You can copy and past assemblies...so if you reuse similar setups. Put the CRs, mass object for retainer, mass object for recovery hardware, etc. all as parts "under" the Inner-tube. Then past the assembly into new rocket, and edit positions as needed.

I do this for AV bays, MMT, Nosecone bays, etc.

Mike

Last edited:
In agreement with K'Tesh and with those suggesting copying parts from already built designs. For my part I created a folder on my desktop/laptop that I labeled "OR transfers". I populated it with my most commonly used bits & pieces (motor mounts, rail buttons, Chute Release, nomex, tracker, etc). Then all I need to do when in design mode it to open one of the files, copy and paste the part I need.

If you mean motor retainers (people have given good responses for actual mounts already) just add a mass element that weighs the same as your retainer. That said, I've never seen one that weighed enough to matter for either altitude or stability.

Back