LexxJet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 399968 Anyone built and flown a Dynastar Lexxjet? I've always thought these looked cool...so I ordered one!

Yes I have. I would like to scratch build but upgrade all the parts. If you decide on building it take your time. I contacted Tim @ Apogee and said the newer kits have been upgraded with a properly sized nose cone, so there is no need to 20 wraps of tape to get them to fit properly. My next LexxJet will have a balsa nose cone with a cockpit along with a balsa tail cone.

Last edited:
This is the one I built and sold on here. I didn't use any decals, just wanted to play around with the paint scheme. Next one I build will be 10x better

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/dynastar-lexxjet-assembled-45-awesome-paint-job.143525/

I already have the lazer cut basswood pieces. I plan on getting a balsa nose cone and tail cone turned for this and maybe a cockpit form out of balsa to attach to the nose cone. Its a great kit and does have some challenges.

Beautiful paint job, that fade came out great

The paint came out okay, but I like I said next build will be all upgraded parts. Not sure on the paint job? Maybe just the standard paint on the card, but actually paint it no Monokote trim, although that would probably be the easiest way to do it. I just want to see if I can mask off and lay down the paint scheme. It's a challenge. Maybe go with different colors?

Back