Leviathan ~ Estes Pro Series

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'm confused about the purpose of the membership. All I want to do is go out in the desert and fly my low & mid power rockets. That's all I'm after...

You don't need no stinkin' membership to do that. Just pay the $10 range fee. NAR membership is only necessary for HPR flights, and Sharon will be flying her Leviathan on a mid-power motor anyway....

You don't need no stinkin' membership to do that. Just pay the $10 range fee. NAR membership is only necessary for HPR flights, and Sharon will be flying her Leviathan on a mid-power motor anyway....

I see. That would be cheaper and easier. Well we got a few coats of paint on! It's girly pink, awaiting flower stickers and a name! The 8th huh? Crap. We were going to go camping this weekend, and changed it to next weekend. I'll have to pass. We'll be up in the pines somewhere... Thanks for the info though. That's what I need to do: just show up when I want to fly and pay the range fee. Never thought of that. Alright. We won't make the 8th, but I'll be planning to make the next one.

Photos of our rocket coming soon!!!

I see. That would be cheaper and easier. Well we got a few coats of paint on! It's girly pink, awaiting flower stickers and a name! The 8th huh? Crap. We were going to go camping this weekend, and changed it to next weekend. I'll have to pass. We'll be up in the pines somewhere... Thanks for the info though. That's what I need to do: just show up when I want to fly and pay the range fee. Never thought of that. Alright. We won't make the 8th, but I'll be planning to make the next one.

Photos of our rocket coming soon!!!

Next launch will be the two day GHS launch.
October 26th and 27th. That one will be supported by Jack and What's up Hobbies. OH Wait, if you ever want to save up money for a speed boat, you might not want to go to that one. I can never get out of his trailer without spending several hundred bucks!

Sharon just picked her motor for the first launch on her Leviathan. Going big right off with a CTI G126! I doubt if Juan will be able to find that motor by Sept. 8th, so probably no drag race this time.

Last edited:
Well here's the finished Leviathan. Not the colors I would have picked,,, but I just do the building. The decorating crew decides the colors...

Here's Kate and Tess holding their new pride and joy. We call her,,, "PRINCESS ONE"! Maiden voyage is scheduled for the GHS Memorial Launch in October...

For the rest of the photos,,, go to my Leviathan Album here : https://www.rocketryforum.com/album.php?albumid=299

attachment.php

Last edited:

I doubt if Juan will be able to find that motor by Sept. 8th, so probably no drag race this time.

More fun not to drag race I think. We're talking three pretty big rockets. Why send them up all in one launch? I like to watch each one individually, and I won't see much if I was launching mine at the same time. With my new wireless launch controller, I find it's really enjoyable to get a couple hundred feet away for the launch. I enjoy it much more when I'm not cranking my head to watch it go straight up. Sitting a ways back and not launching too many too quick is what I like.

Hey, if the girls like the colours, then by all means the rocket should be that colour!
If it gets them interested in the hobby, then a splash of hot pink is a small price to pay. :)

Hey, if the girls like the colours, then by all means the rocket should be that colour!
If it gets them interested in the hobby, then a splash of hot pink is a small price to pay. :)

Exactly! I figure,,, I'll keep building them and let the girls decorate them. It's a win/win hobby between daughters and daddy...

Saturday night was a kids movie night. My daughter decided to show off her Leviathan to some friends while the adults were outside. It will be fine, but there is some damage near the break point and coupler from the kids taking it apart and puting it back together. At first I was upset, but then I realized, it's just a piece of cardboard. Besides,,, even if we never fly it, it's still a pretty kickass bedroom accessory for a little girl. TIME TO HANG IT UP FROM THE CEILING!

Saturday night was a kids movie night. My daughter decided to show off her Leviathan to some friends while the adults were outside. It will be fine, but there is some damage near the break point and coupler from the kids taking it apart and puting it back together. At first I was upset, but then I realized, it's just a piece of cardboard. Besides,,, even if we never fly it, it's still a pretty kickass bedroom accessory for a little girl. TIME TO HANG IT UP FROM THE CEILING!

Depending on the damage, it may fly just fine, even once.
I would CA glue the damage, get it back to reasonable shape, fly it once, then hang it up.

As for the girls showing it off, take it as a compliment.

Last weekend at the GHS Memorial Launch in Rainbow Valley, AZ, our Leviathan "PRINCESS ONE" flew her inaugural launch and it was a total success! We launched on a G40-7W. She flew straight and true and landed just feet from the club launch area. I have awesome photos to share, which I will load soon. Also, thanks to Wayne for the use of his pad and launch system. It was a wonderful rocket day in the desert...

Awesome. I think this rocket needs a parachuting princess payload. Think the crew would allow you to insert a doll to parachute down from apogee? :D

Last weekend at the GHS Memorial Launch in Rainbow Valley, AZ, our Leviathan "PRINCESS ONE" flew her inaugural launch and it was a total success! We launched on a G40-7W. She flew straight and true and landed just feet from the club launch area. I have awesome photos to share, which I will load soon. Also, thanks to Wayne for the use of his pad and launch system. It was a wonderful rocket day in the desert...

I watched it and it was a good flight. Also thumps up to Wayne and Sharon for always helping someone out, they are some of the nicest people you will meet in rocketry.

Indeed they are. I knew I could count on Wayne for uneventful launch support.

I built speaker cabinets with Liquid Nails construction adhesive that survived 30 years and tons of abuse including dropping on concrete. I wouldn't want to have to work with it on a rocket, but it's strong.

Back