Level 2 Testing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRC

Reaction score
Can one take the Level 2 test and not fly for certification on the same day...?? I want to fly HP on our next flight day, but wont have my Level 2 rocket completed by then, but just wanna get the test out of the way..Possible...??? :blush:

Absolutely :)

There is a time limit if I remember right, but it's a couple of months at least.

I flew my L1 cert rocket then immediatly took the L2 written towards the end of May (same day). I then completed my L2 build and flew for L2 cert in the end of Sept...So, well, it worked for me.

I flew my L1 cert rocket then immediatly took the L2 written towards the end of May (same day). I then completed my L2 build and flew for L2 cert in the end of Sept...So, well, it worked for me.

Ill take the test then Nov. 20..Hopefully fly L2 in Jan...Thanks !!

Can one take the Level 2 test and not fly for certification on the same day...??

Don't sweat it - lots of us have done the same thing. If you're going for the NAR L2, you have one year from the successful completion of the written to do your qualification flight. If you're not successful on a test, you must wait at least 30 days to retest.

All the details can be found here.

You have a year:

The test must be completed prior to the flight attempt. The flight attempt should be made as soon as reasonably and safely possible after successful test completion. The written test will not have to be repeated if the initial flight attempt(s) fail, or if a successful flight is completed within one year of taking the written test. Tests should be retained by the individual until the completion of their certification flight. Once completed, the exam is returned with the application form to NAR Headquarters.

I crashed my first L2 flight at NSL this year in May. I built another project and flew successfully at the end of July.

-Dave

Tests used to be good for 1 year after taking them. No changes that I know of.

Al

Back