Level 2 test

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What @timbucktoo said.

The "practice questions" are actually the question pool. There are a few dirfferent versions of the test, and all of the question on each will be a selection from the question pool. The numbering is even kept the same (A1, A3, B5, C3, D1, etc...), so you could use your completed answer sheet to review the questions you got wrong. If you can answer all of the questions on the practice exam, you should be able to ace the actual exam.

Yes, as stated, the practice questions are the same as what will be on the test.

Do use the NAR one if taking the NAR test or the TRA one if taking the TRA test.
NAR does not have any questions about experimental or hybrid motors whereas TRA does.

I was hoping the questions were in the exact same order and number of them. Looks like I won't be able to break my normal 5 minute time if they are scrambled slightly.
So on the Tripoli test, instead of 55 Technical questions, and 53 Safety Code questions, how many are there?

Last edited:
I was hoping the questions were in the exact same order and number of them. Looks like I won't be able to break my normal 5 minute time if they are scrambled slightly.
So on the Tripoli test, instead of 55 Technical questions, and 53 Safety Code questions, how many are there?
https://safe.menlosecurity.com/doc/...95d4bf0898c21b3f060942f994f8ac12fdedce6d436e4
You will be tested on 25 questions from Technical Questions and 25 questions from Safety Code. I would focus on quality and not speed. Tripoli has the study guide and answer sheet posted on their website. I made myself a Power Point study guide from the posted Study Guide to use as electronic flash cards.

https://safe.menlosecurity.com/doc/...95d4bf0898c21b3f060942f994f8ac12fdedce6d436e4
You will be tested on 25 questions from Technical Questions and 25 questions from Safety Code. I would focus on quality and not speed. Tripoli has the study guide and answer sheet posted on their website. I made myself a Power Point study guide from the posted Study Guide to use as electronic flash cards.
Whatever that link is, I can't get to it.
Thanks for the info. They sent me the study guide when I signed back up last year, so I highlighted the correct answers and then just memorized them. The Extra Class ham radio test had 711 questions in the pool, and only 50 questions on the test. It only proved I could memorize answers. The Test Admin posted up my score and asked, " What radios do you own?" I said "none". He shook his head.

Last edited:
I took my L2 test many years ago.
What the other members of our forum are posting is correct. At least back then it was correct. If you know, and more importantly understand, the answers to all of the test questions, you'll be just fine.

Thanks BTW easy peasy test Flight was perfect as well I had asked, being a professional pilot, the FAA written tests are all based on test pool questions that number in the many hundreds, but on the actual test they will slightly change the answers to keep you on your toes..

Back