Level 2 on a Scratch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragon Fire

Reaction score
Well its finally finished! This is my level two cert rocket. I hope to cert this weekend at Midland on Williams farm. It is a 6" Bull Pup AMG-12D. It weighs 13#4oz fully loaded with an Aerotech J350W-M. Thanks to CTimm for the great measurements and pictures

I love that rocket and yours looks great. Best of luck on the cert!

Best of luck on the cert! She looks awesome!

pretty cool design. best wishes for a successful flight!

I wonder if you ought to shorten the delay a bit, given the weight and diameter of the rocket.

Scratch built! Very nice!! :) Looks like a winner - good luck with the L2

P.S. Your shop/rocket room in the background looks far to tidy.....

Good luck on your flight-----should we start collecting now for a big supply of kleenex, in case it gets scratched (or worse) on the first flight?

Originally posted by SwingWing
Scratch built! Very nice!! :) P.S. Your shop/rocket room in the background looks far to tidy.....

Thats accualy his buisiness office. He owns his own buisiness, and thats the "head quarters" so it is kind of a obligation.

You should see our REAL rocket workshop! :D

Looks really nice. How much noseweight does she need to be stable? Also, what motor are you flying L2 on? GL with the L2.

Awesome, David! Wish I could be back to see her fly. I'll be busy watching USC beat Clemson's butt when it goes up:D Fantastic job!

It took 40 oz of nose weight to make it stable. Part of the reason that it requires so much weight it that I made an interchangable motor mount with baffle so I can make a cluster later on. I will need to reduce the delay to 8.7 seconds for optimum delay. I also made the nose weight adjustable so that I can add more if needed with bigger motors. It also is set up for duel deployment in the future.
I will need a box of shop towels if this thing crashes on the first flight but it should be pretty tough the fins are 1/4 plywood with fiber glass on each side with through the wall and two part foam, the transitions are fiber glass on card board with two part foam in side

Originally posted by Dragon Fire

I will need a box of shop towels if this thing crashes on the first flight

Does anyone happen to have a extra box of shop towels, the Deason house hold is under a flood watch at the moment... I let my dad tell you guys the story

Very nice! Good luck on your L2 flight. I've always liked the "other" Bullpups. Did you do the NC from scratch also? I think I spent more time doing the NC on my AGM-12C then on the rest of the airframe. ;)

Back